Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2012, 03:08 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

On my 2012 Cruiser 335ss the bedroom slide leaks water. So dealer tried to fix did'nt work so went to the factory and they tried and got rain last weekend and still leaks. Called dealer and they are checking what needs to be done. The only camper that I have owned the has a fireplace and a waterfall. Nice option. Plus numerous other problems. With this unit, must been built on Fri or Mon.

2012 Cruiser CF335SS
cruzinfools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:44 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

We have been in some pretty heavy rain and no leaks. We have a bed slide and I try to get the trailer as level as we can or slightly out to prevent water from following the Schwintek slide "rails".
Others have had the Schwintek slide leaking in and put small ear plugs on the rails to prevent water following the rail in.

Take a look at this link:
http://forums.motorhomemagazine.com/Index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/25670647/srt/pd/pging/1.cfm

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
NorskeNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:26 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzinfools

On my 2012 Cruiser 335ss the bedroom slide leaks water. So dealer tried to fix did'nt work so went to the factory and they tried and got rain last weekend and still leaks. Called dealer and they are checking what needs to be done. The only camper that I have owned the has a fireplace and a waterfall. Nice option. Plus numerous other problems. With this unit, must been built on Fri or Mon.

I totally agree with the must be a Friday build as ours was an absolute mess out of the factory but good now thanks to Randy and Company!!
Old 01-18-2013, 07:13 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

We had a bedroom slide leak last summer, and the dealer was scratching their collective heads and they did change a seal.
I found a fix on the forum, but I can't remember where it was, although it may be in the Rushmore section. Anyway here is what I did based on that post.
Extend the BR slide all the way out, then take a marker and put marks on the slide rails right next to the seals. Then retract the slides and put a large dab of clear silicone on the top side of all the rails right at the mark and let it set up. Then you can extend the slide and the silicone acts as a water diverter. No more leaks so far!

TosorontioWanderers is offline   Reply With Quote