Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2010, 01:39 PM   #1

Ok , I have owned several different campers over the past 15 years. I recently purchased a new Cruiser 2011 CF30ES. Only been camping twice in it. This past camping trip I just noticed in the control panel box a switch for black tank 1 and another black tank 2. When I check the levels while camping, black tank 1 showed empty and black tank 2 showed a waste level. I don't think my camper has two black tanks, but why would black tank 2 show a accurate level; and what is the black tank 1 switch for? Anyone else with any information on this please! I haven't checked with the dealer yet. DeputydogEdited by: Deputydog
Old 10-30-2010, 01:34 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

My Seville has the same thing. I haven't pulled the panel off to see if there are wires connected (I'll do that when I put the light behind the door) but I wonder if that is a common panel used on a umber of campers, one of which may have a second bath. There are those out there.

2021 Alliance Paradigm 365RD
WoodcarvingGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 01:48 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I have two tank level panels but my Cruiser does have two black tanks: one for the master bath and the other for the half bath. Do you have two drains outside your RV as does mine? The rear black tank has a separate drain.

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 02:24 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

I have a single drain just in front of the tires on the road side. All 3 tanks (2 grey and one black) drain thru the same outlet.

It's interesting that your Cruiser has two tank panels since the black 2 should have allowed it to read both from a single. I wonder why they just didn't wire in the second tank to a single panel. Does your second panel have all the other switches (lights and such) or just tank levels?

The panel in the Seville has the tank and battery readouts as well as all the lights, rear slides, and awning. There are separate switches in the hall outside the bath that control the floor lights, hall lights, and bedroom as well as the bedroom slide.

I'm just going to have to have a look at a Cruiser & Kingston to satisfy my curiosity. Maybe I can get a look at those when I take our Seville back to Topeka on the 8th for a slide seal problem.

Old 10-30-2010, 07:24 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

It seems to be different with two blacks VS two gray. Apparently there is no way for CR to connect the two blacks, hence the two level gauges and drains. The gray tanks are in close proximity so they can drain from the same outlet.

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 10:22 AM   #6
Seasonal Camper

True, but I wonder why 2 panels when one would probably work, particularly since it has black 1 & 2. One of the mysteries of RV design I guess.

Old 10-30-2010, 01:58 PM   #7

Mine only has one drain for the two greys levers and one black lever. My control box also has all the lights, awning, slide switches. Maybe they do use the same control box as the campers with a bath and 1/2. Thanks for the information. Deputydog