Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2013, 03:51 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Has anyone had any problem with their cabinet doors not lining up with the closing hinges probably so that it prevents the door to close. We have a 2013 Cruiser Patriot 335SS. I just got into it yesterday from it sitting since October, 2012. I have 4 cabinets that seem to be off - very annoying since they worked fine during our summer/fall travels. We live in Oregon and we do not have humidity and our winter was mild. What would this have been caused from and how do you prevent it from happening? Thanks!
T & T Kittleson
Milwaukie, Oregon

Milwaukie, Or

2013 CF335SS Patriot

2004 Dodge Ram 3500 Turbo Diesel
TTKITTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:59 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

You say you don't have humidity but I bet that is the issue. I am north or you and my doors have all swollen a bit each winter. I leave a few windows open to help get some airflow but they did it again this year. I have several doors that have broken at the rail joints and spread apart. Each Spring I pull the affected ones down anddo my best to repair them. They are not glued at all (at least mine aren't), just pin-nailed at each joint.

The only fix would be to maybe run a humidifier all winter but I don't leave my rig plugged in during the winter. This has been an issue for lots of people on this forum over the years.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:31 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

We have a couple that are tight fitting when we close them - above the stove area. not worth adjusting the hinges.

I have to ask - how has the bed/wardrobe slide been working? Seals good and goes in and out freely?
Edited by: NorskeNY

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
NorskeNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:51 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Tim & Terry -- What finish do you have on the doors? If it is the oak doors with the clear finish, you could take one of the doors off and sand the edge that is against the other door. You would sand on an angle, taking more materal off the side that is on the inside of the cabinet, and hardlt sanding the side you can see. Rehang the door and see if it will shut.
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:49 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

I had a similar issue with kitchen cabinets on our 2013 Patriot 305SK yesterday when using them for the first time this spring. I found that it made a difference which side I closed first, it was a tight fit but they latched. Also, if the doors were closed slowly at the same time that worked too.
Retired02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:16 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

When they dry out they will be fine. Ours are the same way. We used the trailer last week and after four days with some heat they close fine now. Happens every winter.

Dennis

cruzr4-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:40 AM   #7
Site Team

If any of you that are experiencing that problem have your units stored inside and can do it, this is what I do. Mine is inside--I leave the door open, and all the windows open some. I have a 24 in. fan that sits out side the unit on the floor and it runs 24/7 just to keep air moving. If your rig is outside and you have the windows that open from the bottom out, keep them cracked open so air can move.
It will also help with those that are having a mold problem because of the dampness and being closed up.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:31 AM   #8
Seasonal Camper

Ditto on the air flow when in storage. Mine is outside, I keep the vents open and have Max-Air covers. Open all cabinets and closet doors ajar.

The cabinets will shrink and close OK after the AC runs and pulls the moisture out.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ckcropped2.jpg
BDLuke is offline   Reply With Quote