Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-28-2011, 12:08 AM   #1
New Camper

We have a used cf 30 rks and there are multiple cable ports outside the unit on both sides. We cannot seem to find the right one for satellite or cable. Can anyone tell us which is which and why there are two ports inside where the tv is located? We can't hook up the bedroom tv at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please keep answers as simple as possible for someone not familiar withthe terminology.

2008 Chevy 2500HD

Glide Ride Pin Box

Reese 16k Slider

Yerington, Nv.
rockhounders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:12 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

At the back streetside corner, the cable connection is the lower of the two connectors. The upper one is for Satellite. The box is labeled but hard to read. This is for the "in" connection. The satellite cable is directly wired to the entertainment center "plate" and a cable runs from the plate at the EC to the Sat receiver. The bedroom is not wired for Sat (although, I and others have done mods to allow for this). The Cable TV is wired to a pre-amp inside the fridge access covers (with a plate in the EC for the TV connection). The pre-amp splits the signal to the entertainment center and the bedroom. To watch over-the-air TV, turn on the pre-amp and for cable, turn the pre-amp off. The coax connector to the right of the main entrance door on the outside is for an outside TV to receive either over-the-air OR cable signals (not Sat). Hope this helps.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:00 AM   #3
New Camper

Thank you for your answer, our ports are side by side but you have given us some idea of what to look for.

2008 Chevy 2500HD

Glide Ride Pin Box

Reese 16k Slider

Yerington, Nv.
rockhounders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:00 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Funny, I was going to ask the same exact question today.
Thanks!

I might state Stan's answer another way by saying the Sat cable runs from the exterior to the separate wall plate, period. You hook your Sat receiver to that plate. The CATV cable runs from the exterior to the wall plate with the antenna booster switch. The bedroom and outdoor cable outlets only get the antenna /CATV signal unless you rig up a connection between your Sat receiver and the other cables.

I hope I got that right.

Edited by: snowman9000

2004 Chevy Duramax CC SB

Honda eu2000i
snowman9000 is offline   Reply With Quote