Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2015, 02:52 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

called Crossroads customer service

I called Crossroads customer service today to order some molding and a few other things for my 2009 Cruiser and they informed me that owners can no longer get parts directly from the factory. You must go through a dealer. They said it was a new policy. Very disappointing!

Jasper, AL

2009 30SK

[https://i565.photobucket.com/albums/s...andCruiser.jpg
kjones9820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 03:31 PM   #2
Site Team

They announced this a few months ago. Not happy with it.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 06:44 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

That and many other 'policies' are being complained about on the redwood forum too ...
they have a rally coming up and are going to 'discuss' with mgmt...
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 07:21 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

This makes it more difficult for the customer. I live in a small town and have to drive an hour to the nearest dealer. I'm sure the expense will be greater also. I have a Tiffin motorhome and have the "luxury" of calling them direct when I need something.

Jasper, AL

2009 30SK

Old 07-16-2015, 02:02 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

I also tried ordering something through email (question at first), & this is the reply I got. They have a website also....Tiararv.com

"We cannot sell parts to the public, all parts go through dealers. I will give you a name of a dealer in Indiana by us also that you can call."

Tiara RV
574-266-2136

Rodney Jackson
Retail Services Tech

Email: rjackson@crossroadsrv.com
Phone: 260-593-2866
305 Hawpatch Dr
Topeka, IN 46571
www.crossroadsrv.com
Equal-i-zer hitch
Tonemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 04:52 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

OK, let's create a bypass here. If any of us has the knowledge, let's pass it on. I e-mailed them looking to get an identification of a gasket which seals my camper windows to the metal frame. It has shrunk in places causing a gap in the corners. They said call your dealer and they'll order the part. I'd rather have a roll of this material to repair the windows(not rocket science), myself.the gasket is L shaped with the vertical part of the L curved, and the lower part has the toothed serrations to go in the track. Anyone? TIA, Gary
PS, it's a 2005 Cruiser.
newbienomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 07:07 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

I have a buyer for my Cruiser and will not be buying another Crossroads product. In the beginning (2009) the service was great. That's one of the reasons we went with Crossroads. Over the years it has progressively gotten worse.

Jasper, AL

2009 30SK

Old 07-16-2015, 07:14 PM   #8
Site Team

I have a Ford f150 that I can't buy parts from the factory for either.
If you stop and think about it, why should an RV manufacture be any different?
Simple economics dictates it.
Factory can't afford to monkey with nickel dime orders, and dealers want/need the business and probably put pressure on the manufacture to get it.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 07:23 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

It is a standard agreement between the manufacture and a dealer. That the dealer can not seel to the end user of their product. all maintance and asscesories ,and parts must be sold to through the dealer. If you need a window gasket try going through HHR they supplied most of the windows in the crossroadsline
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 08:36 PM   #10
Site Team

Here is a website with window gaskets for Rv's. - RV Windows

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Old 07-16-2015, 10:13 PM   #11
TDG
Seasonal Camper

Because you have a better chance with the manufacture
They can atleast look up the part you need.
And the dealer has to call so now you got two idiots trying to get you the right part instead of one
And from experience in the last year neither one cares
Just my thought.

2013 Jefferson
2006 Chev 3500 DRW
2009 Corvette
Tony & Joanne
Full Time
TDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 12:40 AM   #12
Weekend Camper

I know that some companies have that policy but I have ordered parts for my unit from Crossroads since I purchased it in 2009. Customer service has declined since then and this is just another example. Can't say that I blame them in this day of struggling economies but it is a decline in customer service and companies that don't go the extra mile for their customers are often the ones that fail.

Jasper, AL

2009 30SK

Old 07-18-2015, 05:15 PM   #13
Gone Traveling

I too have received parts from Crossroads in the past. This is disappointing. the good news is the Crossroads does not make anything....they simply assemble the units from a bunch of parts from a variety of dealers. So, some research online will lead us to those vendors and parts sellers who will sell to the consumer.

I have no desire to ever buy parts from a dealer. I find them to be, in general, incompetent at best and just plain crooked at the worst.
Chateau Duke To Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 07:29 PM   #14
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
Factory can't afford to monkey with nickel dime orders, and dealers want/need the business and probably put pressure on the manufacture to get it.

Lloyd,

I get it Lloyd, but big difference here though. You can't possibly be comparing the build quality and QC of the F150 to these trailers. Not even close. They slap these trailers together and pass on the issue to the dealership.

At least when we initially had issues Crossroads was owning the problem..now they are just passing the issues with missing and broken parts on to the dealers...whom in my area are backed up for most of the summer fixing trailers, so good luck getting any parts for trips in the near future.

To your point, the dealerships can't handle the issues either. Jim's Trailer in Grafton near us told us he couldn't deal with Crossroads anymore and stopped carrying them last year because the trailers were coming back to often. The repair revenue didn't make up for the unhappy customers.

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 07:42 PM   #15
Gone Traveling

Quote:
The RV industry does not follow the same business model that the automotive industry has adopted. A prime example is the warranty process for a new Ford as compared to the warranty process for any RV manufacturer. So, they can not use that parallel as an excuse. Ford has brand loyalty - just look at the Chevy/Ford/Dodge truck debates. RV Manufacturers need to do something to build brand loyalty and the first step is to provide a quality product and give exceptional service. Factory direct parts and technical support is a huge value added that would be a huge step forward in stregthening the Crossroads brand.
Chateau Duke To Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 06:35 AM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMark View Post
Lloyd,

I get it Lloyd, but big difference here though. You can't possibly be comparing the build quality and QC of the F150 to these trailers. Not even close. They slap these trailers together and pass on the issue to the dealership.

At least when we initially had issues Crossroads was owning the problem..now they are just passing the issues with missing and broken parts on to the dealers...whom in my area are backed up for most of the summer fixing trailers, so good luck getting any parts for trips in the near future.

To your point, the dealerships can't handle the issues either. Jim's Trailer in Grafton near us told us he couldn't deal with Crossroads anymore and stopped carrying them last year because the trailers were coming back to often. The repair revenue didn't make up for the unhappy customers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau Duke To Go View Post
The RV industry does not follow the same business model that the automotive industry has adopted. A prime example is the warranty process for a new Ford as compared to the warranty process for any RV manufacturer. So, they can not use that parallel as an excuse. Ford has brand loyalty - just look at the Chevy/Ford/Dodge truck debates. RV Manufacturers need to do something to build brand loyalty and the first step is to provide a quality product and give exceptional service. Factory direct parts and technical support is a huge value added that would be a huge step forward in stregthening the Crossroads brand.

Hey guys, I was simply using Ford as an example of a manufacture where you are not able to purchase parts directly. I was not comparing quality.
Sorry my meaning in the post was missed.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 10:52 AM   #17
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Hey guys, I was simply using Ford as an example of a manufacture where you are not able to purchase parts directly. I was not comparing quality.
Sorry my meaning in the post was missed.

No worries,

I got your point and the point I was making is the RV industry life cycle is backwards. Push it out the door, let the dealer "deal" with it.

On a different topic..I know your a huge Ecoboost fan on the forum..I keep thinking of you when I drive by the Ecoboost plant here in Cleveland. I keep meaning to stop and take a picture in front of the huge billboard with an F150 on it..very cool picture..they have on one side of the building..will make it back there in a couple weeks.

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 08:23 PM   #18
Weekend Camper

I agree when it comes to parts that can be purchased at a dealer but I need to replace some wide molding that is specific to my cruiser. It will have to come from Crossroads.

Jasper, AL

2009 30SK

Old 07-19-2015, 08:25 PM   #19
Site Team

Your dealer will have to be the middleman to get the parts from Crossroads.

Old 07-19-2015, 08:34 PM   #20
Weekend Camper

That's the frustrating part.

Jasper, AL

2009 30SK