Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2011, 03:04 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

My ceiling fan runs in one direction only, has a reverse on the wall switch but that dosen't seem to do anything. Cant really think of a reason to run it in reverse--but why does the switch have it? Do others ever run the fan in reverse and for what reason? Is it something I shouldhavelooked at while its under warranty? Does your's run in reverse?

Flyone
Old 08-27-2011, 03:36 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Mine does work in reverse, but I'm not sure that I will ever use it in reverse. Not something I use even on the fans in my house either.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 04:45 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

It probably doesn't make a lot of difference in a trailer. The reverse would be for heat or cool. In the winter when the heat is on, you are suppose to use the fan to blow the heat UP and then down the walls to evenly move the heat throughout the room. In the summer when you are using A/C, the fan would blow downto make you feel cooler. But as I mentioned, it probably doesn't make a difference in such a small room.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:04 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

We do use ours in reverse in the winter on cooler days. Seems to lessen the chill effect. Don't know if it matters, but I always push the reverse button as soon as the fan starts to rotate. Don't know if it has a speed limit that would keep it from reversing if it is rotating to fast?? When you press the reverse button you should hear a relay click.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:44 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Just looked at the owners manual for a wiring diagram. Nothing other than wire colors and what to connect them to. It may be a good idea to check connections at the fan and the switch even if reversing the fan is not going to be used. A wire with a poor connection can be a problem. JM2C
ntrsandman is offline   Reply With Quote