Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2013, 05:40 AM   #1
Full Time Camper

Saw this unit today look like they have done a nice job of updating our CF32BL. A couple of things came up
1. These come with Intelli-Jacks if they go bad is there an manual over ride???
2. They come with power Stabilizers are they able to be Manually operated.
3. The power Awning is it wind sensitive where it will roll up by its self.
It comes with a 15,000 btu AC and I would like to have one in the bed room any idea of what this option will add. And I would like the Dual pane windows

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:57 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78

The powered jacks I've seen can be used manually. The awning on this model doesn't have a wind sensor, but on mine (Dometic) has shocks on both sides that allow the unit to move in the wind and flex the arms without damage - of course this is within reason.

There is an option for a 2nd AC prep & AC, it's under a thousand list. After discount it's pretty cheap compared to doing this after the fact.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:10 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Frank:

The landing gear and rear electric stabilizer jacks can be operated manually. The only way the electric awning will automatically retract is with a wind sensor installed. If I am going to be somewhere for more than a day I usually just tie mine down. If you are thinking of ordering a unit go for the factory installed second a/c. It will be less expensive, will be tied into the unit's duct work, and operate off of one thermostat. I had a second a/c unit installed in the bedroom of our 335SS after we purchased it. It operates as a complete separate unit from the factory installed unit. Would much rather have it the other way. I would also recommend you get the dual pane windows. Ours doesn't have them and I wish it did. You might want to contact Larry Day regarding the wind sensor and dual pane windows. He had a wind sensor on his 04 29RK and has dual pane windows on the new unit.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:54 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Frank,

There is a wind sensor kit for the power awning, Dometic Weatherpro 3311917.029. I have not added it to my awning yet, but it is on my list. Dual pane windows were an option, an unlisted option, back in 2010. I'm not sure about today, you would have to call CR and talk with the Cruiser national sales manager.

On mine, dual panes were $1387 MSRP, cost $925 and 50 amp service with 2nd AC prep was $550 MSRP, cost $375. Note, dual pane windows are sliding units only, no crank out windows. So, you can't leave them wide open when it's raining or chance of rain. Hasn't been a problem for us. But OTOH they seal better than stock windows, so less air leakage and dust.
Edited by: Dayle1

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:56 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

The dual pane windows are listed on the option list this year - the new website listed them under the "standards/options" tab.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:29 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

I know this is not a Cruiser but our MH has two a/c heat pumps, each on a separate digital thermostat. Why would you want to have both a/c on the same control not be independent? At night I foresee us turning off the living area a/c and just running the bedroom unit.

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:42 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

In the Cruiser, if you order just the prep and no AC you have to order a "center blast" AC with no ducting and no thermostat except the built in one. Depending on AC units, most just have a set and run operation - even when it reaches the desired temp the compressor shuts off but the unit continues to blow air and run the fan. Kinda annoying.

On a motorhome, I think the expectation due to the price range is that you have each wired to an independent thermostat.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by artgpo

I know this is not a Cruiser but our MH has two a/c heat pumps, each on a separate digital thermostat. Why would you want to have both a/c on the same control not be independent? At night I foresee us turning off the living area a/c and just running the bedroom unit.

Single thermostat but it has two inputs with a remote sensor in the bedroom that controls the bedroom A/C.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:43 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

We went through this at the factory tour and I really liked it we have also have CF32BL as well. It did seem like the bedroom was smaller then in ours, but I liked the upgrades the new one had. When I checked about adding a second air on ours it was going to be 800 bucks to have the dealership install it.

Chris & Karen- Heyworth, Illinois
2009 CF32BL pulled by a 2011 RAM 2500 CTD 4x4
PullRite Superglide 18K hitch
2015stats:
Nights: 28
Miles: 3245
longhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:48 PM   #10
Full Time Camper

Frank, if you do end up buying another Crossroads unit I hope you get all the problems worked out in that first and only year of warranty. Given the amount of Q/C issues over the past year on the forum I would say it would be a coin toss as to what you might get.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:53 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

All of the questions looked answered. Our rear stabilizer jack failed in the spring of last year - after sitting all winter - took 3 weeks to get the part and replaced so we had to operate the jacks manually.

Last summer it was 90 degrees and the unit was in full sun. AC could only keep down to 80 in the trailer. Once it got in the shade it cooled down. So if you are in the south most of the time - a second AC would be a must. Ours is prepped for the second AC unit - thermostat set up for dual AC control settings.

If any of the slides haveSCHWINTEK in-wall slides - make sure they work properly - no drag, seal tight and operate smoothly (even motor loading in and out).
Edited by: NorskeNY

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
NorskeNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:34 AM   #12
Full Time Camper

One of the attraction is that it still has the old style slides, No Schwintek. Apparently the slides on this unit are too heavy for them.
I also wonder if you can put heat strips in the AC for added heating

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:38 AM   #13
Full Time Camper

Frank, I did some research on heat strips one time thinking about adding them to our AC units. I think you can get them for about any AC unit but they are only good to "take the chill off" on a cool morning but don't do much to heat the rig once it starts getting down below 45* or so.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:30 AM   #14
Site Team

Frank, I sure hope you get what you want in a new rig! If, and when you decide to buy. I also hope you go back to the boo hiss thread and reread some, if not all of it. I just spent the better part of the morning reading there. I still can't believe Tmontague, thinks that he can convince people the new warranty is better.
Just came back here after having a bite to eat. Finished up the Limburger cheese. I told Barb,"the smell of this reminds me of what good old Tom is trying to spread.

Anyway kind of off subject, but you get the idea.
Best of luck on your decision.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:55 AM   #15
Full Time Camper

The warranty issue is one of the reason that I am holding back.Janet and I are different because we go out every three week for three to one night and several time a year so if anything would happen it would be in that time frame. Having said that I still bothers me that they have cheapened the length of time they are willing to back their product. The big question have they done so many under the table change's that they know or suspect that there will be a major failure after the first year of usage. We love the floor plan, and if another manufacture would build it we would take a look at that also. Having said that we are just going to sit back and wait a while and see what happen.

Edited by: fhenn
Old 02-03-2013, 05:15 AM   #16
Full Time Camper

You are in a hard place knowing there isn't another layout like the 355BL on the market. Hunter11 raises some good questions - I'm battling the same concerns as I've looked at replacing my Class C with a towable. I keep going back and forth on brands - the problem is Crossroads has moved the needle on the new Cruisers to have a list of mid $50's. That's a lot of coin for a unit.

The problem with that price is there are plenty of products on the market who've refused to adopt the Lippert in-wall slides and still offer a standard (or optional) 2nd year warranty. Luckily for you Idid a Google search and the 355BL seems to still have the traditional slide mechanism's. If I were to order this unit, I'd want to call CR first and ensure they haven't made any mid-run changes to the new slides.Most of the CR Csuier lineup uses theLippert in-wall for the bedroom slide.

Best of luck.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:09 AM   #17
Full Time Camper

Mike, I agree with your comments on the pricing, warranty and especially the Lippert in-wall slides in the bedroom. These are all issues that would keep me from buying another cruiser. The in-wall slide has been a problem since day one. With prices in the mid 50's there are a lot of other good manufacturers out there. The lower prices, quality, and long warranty of a few years ago was the Cruisers strength. That all seems to be gone now. What a shame.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:47 AM   #18
Full Time Camper

May want to see what the dealer can do with an extended warranty if you really like the floor plan.

Wonder what the load rating of the bunks are? Might be just for kids and will not support adults.

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
NorskeNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:37 AM   #19
Full Time Camper

we have had adults sleep on our bunks in our current CF32BL. Extended warranty's do not include frames and other structual componants
Old 02-04-2013, 12:07 AM   #20
Full Time Camper

If I remember correctly I think the load rating for the bunks were 250, but I'm not 100% positive on that.

Fhenn,

We have the same camper as you do and we have had adults sleep in them one time and they said it wasn't bad if your short, but a tall person prolly wouldn't sleep for very good, but I do really like the CF355BL and would buy it if in the market for a new one. I still think Crossroads make a good camper. People tend to post more negative comments then positive ones. We had a Jayco which has a two year warranty and nothing starting happening til the 2 years were over and we started having all kinds of problems with it. JMO I would go with a floor plan that suites you and your family the best and don't get something you don't really like just because it has a longer warranty. Like I said JMO.

We had a roof problem on our 09 with the front bubbling up. I called Crossroads and they said if I brought it to the factory they would fix it for free or I could take it to my local RV shop and they would pay for half the bill. I thought highly of Crossroads for doing this since they could of just said "Sorry its out of warranty"

Good luck in making your decision.

Chris & Karen- Heyworth, Illinois
2009 CF32BL pulled by a 2011 RAM 2500 CTD 4x4
PullRite Superglide 18K hitch
2015stats:
Nights: 28
Miles: 3245
longhauler is offline   Reply With Quote