Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2015, 09:26 PM   #1
Full Time Camper

Chalking / Oxidizing Front Cap:

I noticed the front cap was chalking so I dug out my bottle of Meguier’s Swirl-X and a buffer. Within 45 minutes the top of the front cap was shiny once again. A coat of paste wax really put on the gleam. I was surprised to see all on the road damage to the fiberglass and decals maybe some touch up paint is in order.
Old 09-23-2015, 05:51 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Is it the gelcoat is fading like it has on others (in which case you should send pics to Crossroads while still under warranty)
or just needed some TLC ?
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 08:41 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

his is a 2010. so no warranty. it is white and fiberglass always fades and chalks, but white can be buffed and will always come back ..same as a boat that is white. It is the darker colours that look like crap ,same as a boat that has red,blue brown, etc.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 09:02 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Hey Dave,
I have the same problem. I was wondering what kind of buffer you were using. I will look for some of the McGuire's swirl-X in the mean time. My 08 decal is starting to look pretty shabby. Pretty elaborate decal to try painting. I'm thinking of Peeling it off when I buff and then just do a Kokopelli or something in a single color. Thanks for your input on the bugging.
DB
08 cruiser 30SK 5er, solid surface counter tops, 400 watt solar system, 6k axles, dexter never adjust brakes, 16" LTs draging a hyde drift boat behind an 08 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4X4, Duramax-Ally, CCLB.
dbflyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 09:19 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

Buffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbflyrod View Post
Hey Dave,
I have the same problem. I was wondering what kind of buffer you were using. I will look for some of the McGuire's swirl-X in the mean time. My 08 decal is starting to look pretty shabby. Pretty elaborate decal to try painting. I'm thinking of Peeling it off when I buff and then just do a Kokopelli or something in a single color. Thanks for your input on the bugging.
DB
I picked up an inexpensive buffer from WalMart. As I recall it was around $25.00.
I got ambitious a few days ago and did the hood of the RAM. Wow! No more spider webbing.
Good Luck with you project.
Kamper Dave