Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2012, 11:06 AM   #1
Full Time Camper

We visited the Crossroads factory Sept 10. We had some body damage repaired. The cost of parts was quite reasonable. They were quite efficient so labor was very reasonable.

We were traveling from the east coast and arrived at night a site with with WES was provided. We just had to cross the road and unhitch in the early AM.

Randy is a great guy and it is so evident that he is a veryknowledgeableand competent that you are very comfortable that things will be resolved.

Ourwarrantyneeds were few but all totally resolved and a couple of no chargecourtesieswere provided.

I just felt it is important to post some good news about the service at Crossroads. Kudos to Randy, Andi and the team at Crossroads Service Department
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
socoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Always good to here some positive info about crossroads. I think most folks have more trouble with the RV dealer - in some cases they are not set up to perform warranty work.

Used google earth (1115 West Lake StreetTopeka IN) to get an idea where the factory is located - covers a pretty good sized area.

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
NorskeNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:37 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Hi Yes that was my point. Crossroads is a good company theywerebuilding a new factory when we visited. The area where Crossroads is located is industrial. Thesurroundingarea isinfluencedby the Amish community. Many Amish folks are employed there.

We had traveled hard and it was a welcome quiet time.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:09 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Questions for anyone who got work done on their 5th wheel at the factory. How much lead time did they need? Did you just make a call to service and set this up? Is it a kind of routine thing to do when you can't get satisfaction at your dealer? Why go to the factory? Thanks...Al
albertr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:23 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

Personally speaking, I bought RV on sale in New Jersey, drove from SC with motorhome for trade. I didn't leave anything in NJ when I left, so no need to go back! One of the local CW takes care of my warranty work quite well. Have been to factory twice in last two years, also attended the owners rally in the area, so it was convenient and appointments were made first. IMHO the dealers I have dealt with are not that well versed in the RV's they sell, more generalized than specific to a brand. Hence the 'Dealer Support Crew' asrelayedin another thread on the forum, in 'Want to buy a Crossroads RV?'
Was in the area and was convenient and it is at the Factory!

Travel Well / Travel Safe

'12 F350(NotShown) / '11 Rushmore 35RL
https://i53.tinypic.com/2qs5cw3.jpg
Ruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:13 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

HI. Not sure about lead time to make an appointment contact Andie Miles at warranty service department. We incorporated a visit into a trip we were on.
I needed to repair some body damage, the cost of these repairs was quite reasonable. Factory cost for parts and straight labor charges. Idon'tbelieve you could match it at any other service center. Secondly it is their product and everything is properly done.
Happy Trails
Old 09-18-2012, 06:12 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

I have had a great experience with Crossroads RV. I emailed them a bill from our local RV shop to fix our roof and I got a check taking care of half the bill 2 weeks later.

Chris & Karen- Heyworth, Illinois
2009 CF32BL pulled by a 2011 RAM 2500 CTD 4x4
PullRite Superglide 18K hitch
2015stats:
Nights: 28
Miles: 3245
longhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:55 AM   #8
Seasonal Camper

I'm fortunate enough to live about 2.5 hours away from the factory. I took my CF305SKP to the factory for some major repairs after it pulled off the hitch (also a lot of truck damage, all my fault). The factory was very efficient and would have had it done in one day except for a frame part, they didn't have in stock, that they needed to get from Lipert. We parked across from the factory the prior evening and dropped it off the following morning. After dropping it off we went to breakfast. When we got back from breakfast they already had the whole front end disassembled, were working on putting it back together, and fixing a couple of minor warranty issues! That's fast!!! If it weren't for the frame part that the spare tire hangs from, they would have had it done the same day! The team at Crossroads is top notch!!!

Dodge 3500, 2011 CF305SKP
CygnusSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:02 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

H""i. Had a similar goodexperience. How was "Breakfast at Tiffany's? The warranty service does a very good job. The over-nite hook-up is a nicecomplement.
Go Well Happy Trails