Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2011, 01:33 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

For your guys that have this model what is the likes and dislikes. I have looked at them and not sure of the lighting in the bedroom from the windows? And the water fill? And the floor on the slide of the kitchen. I am still looking at this floor plan but have not seen much on these lately. Also what tires are coming on these units now? Dealer to call me on a price this week. What about the sliding door on the bedroom to the bathroom? I guess what I would like to know is what you change? Please let me know. Also looking at a Cougar with what they call a toy box. Not a toy hauler.

2012 Cruiser CF335SS
cruzinfools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:14 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzinfools
For your guys that have this model what is the likes and dislikes. I have looked at them and not sure of the lighting in the bedroom from the windows? And the water fill? And the floor on the slide of the kitchen. I am still looking at this floor plan but have not seen much on these lately. Also what tires are coming on these units now? Dealer to call me on a price this week. What about the sliding door on the bedroom to the bathroom? I guess what I would like to know is what you change? Please let me know. Also looking at a Cougar with what they call a toy box. Not a toy hauler.
We have a 2012 CF335SS and love it.

There are 4 lights in the bedroom, 2with wall switch and 2 over the top of the bed that have fixture switches. We love the floor plan (huge selling point)

Tires on ours are "Trail Express - power touring". They look good, deep treads.

The city water connection is in the same door as the 3 valves for the tanks along with black water flush connection. The water fill for the tank is near the rear of the trailer on the drivers side near the power connection.

The sliding door to the bedroom works great- no problems.

The only thing i wishfor , is a light switch by the front door for the interior lights. I have to open a cabinet door in the entrance to switch on the lights.

When we ordered our we had thermal glass, slide-out toppers and a 2nd ac for the bedroom.

The "euro-style" recliners in the back was a big plus. Careful- they'll make you pass out-LOL

Happy shopping. If any other concerns i might be able to help with- drop me a note.

2012 cf 335 ss

2011 F350 4X4 Superduty

Terra -cairn terrier
vickark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:23 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

I agree with you on the light switch upon entry. We have a regular door to bedroom on our model & really like it. I did not recognize the tires on the unit so, I had them put the tires from our old unit on it as they only had about a thousand miles on them. Many folks don't like that brand either but with7 years and many many miles on both setsI am pleased with them . Good luck & enjoy our new toys..jb
Old 04-27-2011, 11:33 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

one other big pro is the access to the refrigerator and the bathroom with all the slides closed.

2012 cf 335 ss

2011 F350 4X4 Superduty

Terra -cairn terrier
Old 04-27-2011, 01:18 PM   #5
Seasonal Camper

We took delivery of ours in December and have about 5,000 miles on it with no major problems, just a few minor adjustments taken care of by the dealer. One of the thingsI really like is the Intelli-Jacks for connecting, disconnecting and auto-leveling of the unit. Also like the two large storage compartments, fireplace, the island in the kitchen and the new style TV antenna. Just installed the second A/C unit (really need that in Texas). Euro chairs are very nice but there was no side table, so I had to build one. The unit is light for a 33' and tows well at 60 -65 mph. Ours came with Mastertrack ST235/80R16 E tires, no noticable wear yet.
Sirsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:25 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

We picked up our new 2011 335SS yesterday. Maiden voyage this weekend. Great floorplan and at this time no negatives.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:55 AM   #7
Site Team

George:
Congrats. Enjoy that new rig!!
Seems like rallies incite people to buy new rigs, either before, or after. I'm going to have to be real careful I don't catch that thing that's going around.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:42 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

Congratulations George and Lynda. Looks like a great floor plan

Enjoy

Dennis & Sharon

cruzr4-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:09 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

We took our 2012 335ss on a serious "shakedown" run this past weekend. We went from Houston to Biloxi,ms. Some parts of I-10 is a real test for a new unit. When we opened the door we expected to see the worst. Only thing on the floor was a pen and note pad holder our son had given usfor the desk and a bag of chips that was on the counter top. Oh, and the drawer under the sofa came out.

The tripwent great. Except that i left our dump hose in the shop at home. ( Hello walmart)

Other than that, wonderful time.

George and Lynda , we hope you have a great time with your new trailer. We love ours.

2012 cf 335 ss

2011 F350 4X4 Superduty

Terra -cairn terrier
Old 04-28-2011, 08:45 AM   #10
Family Vacation Member

Congratulations George & Lynda!
'12 Crossroads Rushmore RF38FL (ours!)
Barry, the ADHD x 2 German Shepherd mix, Granddog.
FFFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:23 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

Thanks guys. I now have a 2005 CF29RK for sale. Hopefully it will sell quick and we can go on an extended trip.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:24 PM   #12
Full Time Camper

Congrats you new owners. Like Old Farmer, I hope I don't catch that bug either...the wife would not be very happy with me, especially since I will be at the rally solo this year!! I would probably be told to take the new trailer back where you got it from and don't come back home until the task has been completed. Then again, I do have hook-ups at home where I could stay out there until winter....

2015 Rushmore Springfield
Disc Brake upgrade, Goodyear G614 tire upgrade
RV FLEX-ARMOR roof, Mor-Ryde IS suspension

2017 F350 Dually 4x4 6.7 Bronze Fire
gossamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:58 PM   #13
Weekend Camper

We are picking up our new 355SS on May 18th, seems like a long wait! Anything to keep an eye out for during the walk thru. This our second Cruiser soit should be fairly quick. Hope this unit is as dependable as our 2005 29RK was.
Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:33 AM   #14
New Camper

I don't know if you have bought yet or not, but my advice to you is RUN LIKE HELL. We bought ours in March of this year and it has been in for service 5-6 weeks with most of those days in June, prime camping month. Upon returning from a trip to California this month, it now needs to go back for service. We drive 2.5 hours one way for service, each time emptying the trailer of personal items and then returning to pick it up. Each service trip is 5 hours on the road. Good Luck.
susanjolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:40 AM   #15
hhh
Seasonal Camper

Why are you driving 2.5 hours each way for service? You can take it to any Crossroads dealer for service. Or you can take it to any service center and as long as they get pre approval from Crossroads they can repair it under warranty.

'11 CF285RL Patriot - '08 GMC 3500HD D/A CC LB Dually - Yamaha Zuma 125

tgif: let's RV
hhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:44 AM   #16
New Camper

Because unfortunately, that IS the nearest Crossroads dealer. We have no choice.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:49 AM   #17
New Camper

And, just this past week we were in California and our brakes went out on our trailer. We took it to a Camping World in Rocklin, California and they would not do service work unless we, or our rv store gave them a credit card to deal with the repair. We then would have to wait for CrossRoads to reimburse us for our expense. In my opinion, a good warranty is one that you never have to use. This trailer is a piece of junk.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:51 AM   #18
Family Vacation Member

We picked ours up the week of Memorial weekend. Took it back 5 hours away to selling dealer and had 13 things fixed on it. 2 weeks ago went on a trip to Missouri and the lower wood grain feel of the fridge. Put it back up and on and when got home was laying on the floor with pieces of wood laying all over. Took it off for now. Dealer is working on this. Look back in the post and can see what was wrong. Now the bolts on the leaf springs are not right. This camper is not near as good as my 08 was. Every time go out something goes wrong. But my dealer ,Gansen Rv and Auto has been excellent on warranty and repairs.

2012 Cruiser CF335SS
cruzinfools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:15 AM   #19
New Camper

Our dealer, DeHaan RV in Elkhorn Wisconsin has also been exceptional in repairing and doing their best in repairs. Unfortunately,they can only do so much. We discovered that our underbelly had been cut and repaired -- this is a new trailer. And Crossroads won't authorize the underbelly to be replaced. My next step is to contact my finance company and/or contact the RV magazines. I can't even tell you how many things have gone wrong with this trailer, not just asthetic, but down right safety issues. I agree, everytime we take it out, something goes wrong. We traded in a 2002 Newmar American Star and there are days that I want my old trailer back.