Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2017, 03:37 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Cruiser 347 Fifth Wheel

Looking to trade my Sunset Trail 300RK in for a fifth wheel. We recently looked at a Cruiser 347 mid bunk model. Love our 300RK and have had no issues just need more room for grandkids. My question is do any of you have experience with or own a Cruiser fifth wheel. I've never spoken to anyone who owns one. I would appreciate any feedback and if you are pleased with it.
My next question is for you guys who tow fifth wheels. I've never towed one before. I have a 2016 Chevy 2500HD Duramax crew cab rated to pull 13900Lbs.The CR347 weighs 11264 lbs .Do I have enough truck to pull it?
fam5mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 05:39 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

My Cruiser has been great but it is an older model (pre THOR) so is not a good comparison. As far as the truck goes you need to look at ALL the numbers on both the RV and truck. You may be slightly under the gross weights with the added hitch, supplies, fuel, food, people etc but also look at the pin weight when loaded and rear axle weight limits of the truck. You may find the pin weight to be too much or real close.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 06:58 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Once you tow a fifth wheel you'll never go back to a TT. Been there and it night and day difference. My opinion of course.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 05:39 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

I purchased a 2015 Cruiser 5th wheel new 2 years ago. I have had 2 major issues with it and many minor ones. Cruiser has not been very good to deal with trying to address the issues. I had a tire snap off all 6 lugs and fly out the side of the unit. I was 2 months past the 1 year warrantee. At first they didn't want to assist in the repair. Then I found they had a recall for the exact same thing on the exact same model, just a 1 year difference. After many phone calls they finally agreed to fix it.
When I went to pick it up after the repair I showed a seam separation to one of the repair guys. The unit spent 7 months in the shop. This was told to me by the repair shop because Cruiser didn't put lumber in the channels of the trailer base. I got stuck with the bill because again, I am out of warrantee. Good Sams Extended warrantee denied my claim, another story for some other time, so now I'm stuck.

Run to the next brand!
Old 04-27-2017, 08:38 AM   #5
Seasonal Camper

We have a 2014 Cruiser and we love ours. We have had a few issues like an electrical problem that was fixed after our first trip with it. That was the only thing it went back to the dealers for, everything else has been simple issues that I have fixed myself. The numbers on our trailer are a little lower than on the one you are looking at (gvwr 12,128, dry 10,234 & pin 1728). Our truck has the same towing capacity as yours so I am assuming rest of the numbers would be about the same as well. Our payload says 2400 and I know I am around 2200 lbs on the payload with a fully loaded trailer and our truck pulls it just fine. I have no suspension add-ons and both the truck and trailer sit level. I have had as much as 3000 lbs in the bed with no issues other then the truck squatting. Our fresh water tank is in the back of the unit so I can fill the tank to help offset some of the pin weight. Your truck should pull it fine I would just watch the pin weight.

Phil & Janine
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax
2014 Cruiser 333RL
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 05:30 PM   #6
Site Team

Have a '13 Cruiser Patriot. Some minor problems like awning lights, cracked closet door and bulb seals. All taken care of by Crossroads. Did buy a Extended warranty, too much electrics electronics and slide motors to go wrong.

Overall, very satisfied with the Cruiser and Crossroads.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 07:54 PM   #7
Family Vacation Member

Camping World NH (Chichester) removed Cruiser from the units they sell this year. Was told because of "issues" they had with the Manufacturer.
Old 04-28-2017, 02:27 PM   #8
Seasonal Camper

I have a 2016 Cruiser 315RL I bought March 2016. For the most part I am very pleased with it. Have had some issues, awning lights, still can't get the remote for slides and lights to work. Spent most of last summer going back and forth with parts. They don't seem to know what is in their units, but I suspect that is typical industry wide unless you are spending a million dollars.

My biggest complaint is the sub floor in mine isn't attached to the frame, so when we walk, the floor hits the frame in some areas. Not a big deal, but a nuisance.

Camping World in Chichester has had a crappy reputation for a long time. I didn't want to buy there, but I liked the Cruiser and felt it was similar in quality and amenities to the Reflection which was my second choice, but much more $$. That said, my friend bought a 2016 Solitude, which is a step up from the Reflection at Campers Inn and had several issues, but they were quickly addressed and they are happy.

SeanRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 06:21 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

Thanks

Thanks for information and advice. Anyone else have anymore would appreciate it.
fam5mel is offline   Reply With Quote