Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2012, 12:28 PM   #1
Seasonal Camper

Crossroads sent me a nice registered letter today. Just wondering if anyone else was as lucky as I was to receive a gift from Crossroads. They sent me a new set of weight rating stickers. Apparantly the original stickers were 1500lbs over the correct limit. The old GVWR was 13,800lbs and the new sticker says only 12,270lbs. This drops my CCC from 3990lbs to 2460lbs. The letter says it affects many 2011 Cruiser TT and 5ers.
I have never weighed my unit since I estimated about 2000lbs worth of gear (including h20) still leaving me lots room to spare. I think I might hit some scales in the near future.

Anyone else get this?

'11 Crossroads Cruiser CF325CK

https://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...4/S4011042.jpg
happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:59 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

Yes, I received the same letter. We have a 32CKP that weighed out without water at 11,200 lbs. This is also without food and personal items. I don't understand how they can take 1500 lbs. of gear away without repercussions. This could be quite a problem when you load in all the extras we take out of state for the winter.
pickleloaf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:20 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Yeah, we got one of those, too, for our 2011 325CK Patriot. It came before we'd even taken the unit out for its inaugural trip. The allowable cargo weight did, indeed, go down by more than 1,000 pounds, as I recall. But I've been keeping track of the weight of everything we throw into the trailer in a spreadsheet (yeah, I know, pretty anal retentive) and we're so far below the allowable limit that I'm thinking I'd need to add a load of gravel just to get close.

and Aggie the Gordon setter

Twin Cities

2011 Cruiser Patriot 325CK

2011 Ram 2500 diesel
dbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:20 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Looks like they may have corrected the weight limit in the 2012 models. I think the trailers only come with 5200 lb rated axles. Ours has a GVWR of 12,380. The weight of ours from the factory was 10,050 lbs. We have added three slide awnings and a second battery so our carrying capacity is reduced. There is a semi scale at a edit we take off the thruway - think I will get it weighed "loaded" the next time we get off there.Edited by: NorskeNY

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
NorskeNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:24 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuster
Yeah, we got one of those, too, for our 2011 325CK Patriot. It came before we'd even taken the unit out for its inaugural trip. The allowable cargo weight did, indeed, go down by more than 1,000 pounds, as I recall. But I've been keeping track of the weight of everything we throw into the trailer in a spreadsheet (yeah, I know, pretty anal retentive) and we're so far below the allowable limit that I'm thinking I'd need to add a load of gravel just to get close.

We did the same thing and also found a lot of stuff we had been carrying in the old unit we had not touched in years so By By ! JMHO jb
Old 06-20-2012, 05:33 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

I haven't recieved a letter as of yet. Not sure mine is affected with the recall?

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:04 AM   #7
New Camper

Rec vehicles are exempt at the scales and the axles on the trailers are built to carry about 500lbs more than what they say(weight for road pressure) If your truck can handle it I say don't worry about it! We are probably over a few hundred pounds for those long trips anyway!LOL
KBTrucking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:15 AM   #8
Seasonal Camper

I'm sure there are laws against it, but could crossroads have done that intentionally by increasing the CCC for a selling feature?

'11 Crossroads Cruiser CF325CK

https://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...4/S4011042.jpg
happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote