Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2011, 12:04 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

My wife and I were looking at some new Cruisers today and saw that the bracket holding the shower head was on the left side of the shower cubicle (viewed from the door), rather than in the center of the wall opposite the shower stall door. I.e., the direction of spray from the shower head in the bracketis at almost a 90 degree angle to the shower stall door.

Given that the Cruiser shower stall is not deep enough for me to easily stand with my right side towards the door, I'd have to stand facing the door with the shower head in the bracket spraying my right side rather than the back of my neck.

This would be inconvenient. I checked out shower head bracket replacement in nearby Dutchmen 5th wheels, and those all had the nozzle in the center of the far wall opposite the shower stall door, spraying towards the door. That allows users to stand facing the door while showering.

It may be that the new Cruiser shower stall is so small that the only place the shower head bracket can be placed is off to one side of the door, rather than opposite the door. This strikes me as an undesirable feature. At the very least it requires customers to install their own shower head bracket, and it may make showers an unpleasant experience for those who aren't used to holding the shower head in their hands while showering.
Tom Holsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:01 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Tom, I bought a new bracket to hold the shower head and placed it for my convenience. I left the old position alone. Now we have two, one for me (higher) and one for the DW. Your fix could be as easy as that.

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:16 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78

I have seen the shower head holder installed in different locations on the same floorplan. Our's was installed at such a low height it looked like a8 year old had installed it! As mentioned, lots of people upgrade the shower head so just installed the new bracket where you want it. You can remove the old one and fill with caulking or leave theold one.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote