Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2011, 02:14 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Has anyone truly figured out the Climate Control Center (thermostate)? Is there away to manually override the temp once you set a program? And are thereonly twoprograms (times) that you can adjust the temp setting, sofar I have basically been limited to a day setting and a night setting.Still in the process of figuring it out, I'm sure its in the manual somwhere, but one manual covers every conceivable situation with multiple units different zones etc. and is about90% BS that I dont need. Is there a quick easymanual over ride?

Flyone
Old 06-17-2011, 03:54 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Upon further review--- It appears that (possibly) if you hold down the program button for 3 seconds, the the zone will be restored to normal operation. What ever they mean by "normal operation" I'm not sure, but it could possibly mean that the normal up temp or down temp buttons will work. Will have to try it out next weekend.

Anyone with any input?

Flyone
Old 06-17-2011, 08:28 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Most newer thermostats let you overide a programmed setting. Not sure how on your model but it's pretty common. Once you overide the setting, it will stay that way until the next programmed change and then revert to programmed mode.

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:14 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyone
Has anyone truly figured out the Climate Control Center (thermostate)? Is there away to manually override the temp once you set a program? And are thereonly twoprograms (times) that you can adjust the temp setting, sofar I have basically been limited to a day setting and a night setting.Still in the process of figuring it out, I'm sure its in the manual somwhere, but one manual covers every conceivable situation with multiple units different zones etc. and is about90% BS that I dont need. Is there a quick easymanual over ride?

Flyone

We had the same situation with the thermostat on our unit & the book was shall we say a little confusing.When we were at the factory for service we asked Allen & Randy to please give us a short course on operation of the thing. I had my wife work with them about it & she said to do all we needed was simple now that she had it explained.. I reserve judgement until we "really" need it to see how good school was to her...Ha Ha!
Old 06-19-2011, 11:23 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

JohnB if possible and wife willing please have her give a short tutorial on the operation of "Comfort Control Center". It would be greatly appreaicted by myself and a few others.

Thanks in advance.

Flyone
Old 06-20-2011, 04:54 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyone
JohnB if possible and wife willing please have her give a short tutorial on the operation of "Comfort Control Center". It would be greatly appreaicted by myself and a few others.

Thanks in advance.

Flyone

What the wife got out of her short couse was to push the mode button and scroll to the program you wish,in our case just heat or cool.Then set the temp you are shooting for,same for either hot or cold. Do not use auto as then the heat& cool will alternate automatically to maintain the temp you requested. This is why she thought it was quite simple to operate.Ours is the entry level one that doesn't have all the bells & whistles.It can be programmed for temp setting & times but although we do that at home we don't feel the necessity to do that on the road as we use a lot of supplemental heat sources that wouldn't apply! Hope this is of some assistance but she says don't blame her if it "aint so! Ha ha Later John b
Old 06-20-2011, 01:07 PM   #7
Family Vacation Member

Thank you sir!

Flyone
Old 06-30-2011, 11:38 AM   #8
Seasonal Camper

Holding down the "program" button for 3 seconds cancels the current program and returns the unit to manual mode. Found out the hard way when my A/C would not turn on when we set up camp one hot afternoon. Seems I had inadvertly programmed it to come on at 6:00 PM.....
Sirsea is offline   Reply With Quote