Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2013, 06:54 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Hi guys-gals!,

We have had our bedroom escape window come open TWICE now while in transit. So far no damage to the window or the rv siding. I can't understand how it is popping open. It is a royal P.I.T.A. to get it unlatched to open when we are in the coach, so I can't see how it is opening when going down the road. Has this happened to anyone else? How did you keep it from happening.

Ever since the first time it happened I added it to the pre-go list and check it everytime before starting out on the road and it is always securly in it's latch. Last time it happened was two weeks ago, luckily DW was right behind me in the minivan and called me on the cell. We didn't even open the window while we were out for the weekend.

Thanks!!
2000 Ram 2500
https://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/...ps54589c14.jpg
bdwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:53 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Something is wrong somewhere. Those windows are hard to open manually, let alone by themselves. If the windows are similar, check the other one and see if the latch system is the same.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:51 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan
Something is wrong somewhere. Those windows are hard to open manually, let alone by themselves. If the windows are similar, check the other one and see if the latch system is the same.

That's what I was thinking, only one window like it in the coach though, BUT! I may have stumbled on to something a few minutes ago, Was out in the coach working on an AV project, got hot, got a pair of shorts out of my wardrobe (same side of the bed as the offending window and I'm a big guy 300+ pounds) when I turned, I inadvertantly"hipped" the latch and it popped right out of it's retainer. So it looks like I'm the culpret here without realizing it. Now I feel stupid about posting it.
2000 Ram 2500
https://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/...ps54589c14.jpg
bdwillie is offline   Reply With Quote