Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2016, 03:41 AM   #21
Family Vacation Member

Crossroads finally contacted CW and told them to remove the underbelly of my unit to inspect it. This won't be for a week or two until I winterize it. I'll let you know what they say.
Old 10-13-2019, 08:50 PM   #22
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmpres View Post
Crossroads finally contacted CW and told them to remove the underbelly of my unit to inspect it. This won't be for a week or two until I winterize it. I'll let you know what they say.
Any more updates?
RV8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 04:51 AM   #23
Family Vacation Member

When they removed the underbelly, CW found that they had failed to put any lumber in the rails of the lower trailer during manufacturing. That is what attaches the upper trailer to the frame. There were bolts running through the channel which had bent and snapped. Cruiser refused to fix or help. They said that was their normal design. The service manager at CW said he had never seen just the channel without any lumber in it for support. They put some in, repaired some water damage that had occurred due to the separation. And I got stuck with the $4K bill.
Don't let this look like Camping World was awesome in this. I had their extended warrantee. They refused my claim. Said the damage was due to excessive bowing of the sides, which is one of the things they don't cover in the contract!
Old 10-14-2019, 08:50 AM   #24
New Camper

I don’t have any issues with our Redwood built Rushmore.... but we continue to add things to the rig like awnings and slide toppers and 300 pound generator. So our weight is creeping up. This means more load on the pin and front area where many people seem to be having issues. Now I am concerned. We full time in our Rushmore.
RV8R is offline   Reply With Quote