Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2015, 11:38 AM   #41
New Camper

Angry 2014 Sunset Reserve Fading...

The same thing happened to me this year. I noticed my cap getting really faded towards the top. I bought my 2014 Reserve last August (2014). Ridiculous to spend that kind of money and have it crap out on you within a year. My 2014 Reserve has other "issues" too.

Just this past weekend I came across someone who APPROACHED ME and told me he had the same issue. He went to his dealer who said they could do nothing. He then contacted the Manufacturer who gave him flak, but ended up paying for a new paint job. I will be contacting Crossroads within the next two weeks to get this ball rolling!! This gentleman who approached me also had a laundry list of issues with his 2013 Reserve (including a slide out that ALMOST TIPPED OUT!!).

I'm wondering if I bought a money pit... And should I get out now... Is Crossroads a lemon maker...?
KampKuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 01:54 PM   #42
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KampKuz View Post
The same thing happened to me this year. I noticed my cap getting really faded towards the top. I bought my 2014 Reserve last August (2014). Ridiculous to spend that kind of money and have it crap out on you within a year. My 2014 Reserve has other "issues" too.

Just this past weekend I came across someone who APPROACHED ME and told me he had the same issue. He went to his dealer who said they could do nothing. He then contacted the Manufacturer who gave him flak, but ended up paying for a new paint job. I will be contacting Crossroads within the next two weeks to get this ball rolling!! This gentleman who approached me also had a laundry list of issues with his 2013 Reserve (including a slide out that ALMOST TIPPED OUT!!).

I'm wondering if I bought a money pit... And should I get out now... Is Crossroads a lemon maker...?
Hi!

On behalf of CrossRoads, I have contacted you privately to see if there is a way I can help get the ball rolling. So sorry to hear you have been having issues, but hopefully we can get them resolved!

Thanks,
Christian
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 11:34 AM   #43
Weekend Camper

Well we've joined the faded front cap club also. I was hoping the lighter color/ tan wouldn't fade like the brown was but I was wrong. Crossroads told dealer no immediately, my phone call to Crossroads customer "no" service got a "we won't participate in the repair" answer even though he agreed with me. Got transferred to Mike Antal's voicemail twice now and have not heard back. A camper is designed to be outside yet it's apparently acceptable to Crossroads for them to fade like this. Last camper, a starcraft, was still in such good shape after ten years the dealer was amazed at trade in. Parked in same spot and washed with same stuff. Guess Crossroads Cruiser Aire was a bad choice.
mark87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 11:41 AM   #44
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark87 View Post
Well we've joined the faded front cap club also. I was hoping the lighter color/ tan wouldn't fade like the brown was but I was wrong. Crossroads told dealer no immediately, my phone call to Crossroads customer "no" service got a "we won't participate in the repair" answer even though he agreed with me. Got transferred to Mike Antal's voicemail twice now and have not heard back. A camper is designed to be outside yet it's apparently acceptable to Crossroads for them to fade like this. Last camper, a starcraft, was still in such good shape after ten years the dealer was amazed at trade in. Parked in same spot and washed with same stuff. Guess Crossroads Cruiser Aire was a bad choice.
Mark87,
So far I haven't heard back from my dealer. Left several Voicemails. Crossroads customer service contacted me back, but we shall see what the response is. I will definitely keep this thread going as things happen. I hope you do the same.
THANKS!
Old 11-06-2015, 01:38 PM   #45
Weekend Camper

Dealer is good about calling me back, but they said after it's been denied by Crossroads they can't get any farther. It's up to me to try to get it approved, but since I can't get a call back it's not going anywhere.
mark87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 05:32 PM   #46
Full Time Camper

2014 with faded cap out of warranty is BS!

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 09:19 PM   #47
Weekend Camper

We too have the cab fade issue on our 322RL. We bought it 18 months ago. Believe we have a water leak too, thought we had moved past that....

Claudie & Rochelle
2015 CF322
2010 Dodge Ram 2500
taterrchip09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 11:53 AM   #48
Weekend Camper

I'm sorry to see that so many campers have been having the same problem that I have had. Crossroads customer service has made it quite clear to me (twice) that they are aware of the issue with the fading front cap but are unwilling to do anything about it. And to add insult to injury my friend just bought a new 2016 270BH which now has a 2yr factory warranty as compared to the one year that most of us got. If that were us, we all would probably be covered.
mbohnert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 10:17 AM   #49
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbohnert View Post
I'm sorry to see that so many campers have been having the same problem that I have had. Crossroads customer service has made it quite clear to me (twice) that they are aware of the issue with the fading front cap but are unwilling to do anything about it. And to add insult to injury my friend just bought a new 2016 270BH which now has a 2yr factory warranty as compared to the one year that most of us got. If that were us, we all would probably be covered.
I originally posted in this thread in Oct 15 and I have yet to have my camper fixed. My dealer (Pete's RV-Indiana) has dropped the ball several times and is now telling me it may be out of warranty! Thank goodness I KEEP emails!! Crossroads has actually been sort of helpful, but they have not been involved since 11/15.

I wanted to have the RV going for the "season", but that is looking doubtful!! The faded front cap thing is ridiculous. I have indoor storage and it STILL happened!

I will keep this updated, to be fair and to let everyone know the good, the bad and the ugly...
Old 03-15-2016, 11:25 AM   #50
Full Time Camper

Kuz
It shouldn't matter if it is out of warranty NOW as long as you reported the cap BEFORE the camper was out of warranty...Have you contacted Kathy Fuller at Crossroads with a PM on this forum??? She is the company Liaison now...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 01:32 PM   #51
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianM View Post
Hi!

On behalf of CrossRoads, I have contacted you privately to see if there is a way I can help get the ball rolling. So sorry to hear you have been having issues, but hopefully we can get them resolved!

Thanks,
Christian
Hi Christian

I'm not sure what to tell you or ask you to do. I have already talked to two of the top people in customer service and they told me it wasn't going to be covered. Your company is getting a pretty bad name over this faded front cap and it's even worse when your customer service won't stand behind it. My number is 717-324-4244 if you need to contact me.
mbohnert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 02:00 PM   #52
Site Team

Quote:
Hi Christian

I'm not sure what to tell you or ask you to do. I have already talked to two of the top people in customer service and they told me it wasn't going to be covered. Your company is getting a pretty bad name over this faded front cap and it's even worse when your customer service won't stand behind it. My number is 717-324-4244 if you need to contact me.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news for you, but the facts are the facts.
Christian will more then likely not be answering your post or giving you a call. She has went the way of so many other people involved in the RV industry, and I'm sorry to say, that leaves us, the RV public holding the bag of empty promises. Here is a link for you to read.
Elkhart's Thor Industries makes personnel moves - Elkhart Truth
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 09:41 AM   #53
New Camper

Wow, so surprised to see this happening!!
I just don’t know what else to do!! VERY upset!!
We bought our 2013 Crossroad Sunset Trail BH26 in 2012. The salesman from Camping World, Edwin, is great with words, told us it would never fade and the stickers will never peel off. HA!! We noticed the top of our cap fading in 2013, so I called Camping World within the first year of owning our trailer to speak with our salesman. The salesman, Edwin, who sold us our trailer told me that there is nothing they could do as it was cosmetic. I tried again in 2014 as the fading was getting worse and coming down the front cap more. The same salesman, Edwin, told me the same thing, there is nothing he could do to help me because that was considered cosmetic. Edwin said it did not affect the way the trailer operates. That is twice within its warranty time frame. Yes, it’s cosmetic, we know that, but for the price we paid to own our first trailer, a second home, we want to be proud of it. Edwin no longer works for Camping World so now I have had to start all over with our problem and I am now told it is out of warranty.

Looked further into the problem and found out that Crossroads extended their warranty on the front cap. We were NEVER notified by phone, mail, or email of the extended warranty. We never knew of the extended warranty. I have talked with Crossroads regarding the issue and they requested a claim submitted from Camping World authorizing the front cap to be repainted. I just received an email from Camping World telling me that “as expected” (per Camping World) Crossroads denied the claim. Every year I have tried to get this issue fixed and nobody seems to want to help us, AND now it’s past the warranty date. The fading continues to get worse! I was hoping that Camping World or Crossroads would stand behind their word for fixing defects.

Maybe we bought from a “not-so-good” trailer company.

People sure let us know how terrible it looks and they have commented how they will never buy from Crossroads. After the excitement of buying a new, very expensive, trailer we are disappointed with how it looks now. So…now what to do next?
yodeej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 11:17 AM   #54
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Hi Christian

mbohnert
I'm sorry to have to tell you this but Christian M is no longer employed by Crossroads...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 02:54 PM   #55
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyT View Post
mbohnert
I'm sorry to have to tell you this but Christian M is no longer employed by Crossroads...
Sleepy....Lloyd already told that guy in March .

The latest reply has to contact crossroads himself . Do not rely on your dealer. That is what I did.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 03:21 PM   #56
Site Team

Do not rely on the salesman. Always talk directly with service. Salesmen come and go and are often full of.......... misinformation (I'm being kind).

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 03:43 PM   #57
Full Time Camper

Mark is that like BS
Old 11-26-2016, 12:16 PM   #58
Family Vacation Member

,$1000
Old 11-26-2016, 02:19 PM   #59
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorris View Post
,$1000
What is that referring to?
You will have to forgive me, I'm not following what you mean.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 03:48 PM   #60
Full Time Camper

We have a relatively new cedar creek parking at our storage lot and it's front cap is fading badly....