Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2009, 02:49 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

I was dry camping and fishing last week and had my Satellite hooked up for the Daytona race and the coax running thru the stupid hole in the basement.I had plugged the hole with a rag and when packing up niticed the rag was moved.When I got home I cleared everything out of the basement and put 3 glue traps out.Almost had him the first day but he pulled his hair out and got off.But today I got the sucker.Started looking and found 2 large holes going to the under side from the basement in the front.One had wires,but the other was empty,don't know why the couldn't fill them.There were two more on the other side from the battery box,but they had plugs.Looked up behind the rear bumper and there were more holes going from the outside to the under belly.I guess I'll get them tomorrow.I found that a 1 1/2 inch knock out spring cap is the right size for the extra hole in the front,but the back holes will take a little cutting of the cap to make it fit.The water and coax hookup is a real bak Idea I think and I plan on chaning out the power cord also.Too many holes for me.If anyone has a idea for covering that stupid hole in the bottom please post it.Thanks

2009 Cruiser 29RK
FB1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:27 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

I would like to know a good way to plug it up too, we had a old archery target made of some dense foam we whittled out to fit and cut a slot with a hole in the middle for the hose. We had a 1988 Layton TT and NEVER had a mouse in it, you would think in 21 years theywould have enough sense to not leave holes big enoughto throwa cat through.
mosledder is offline   Reply With Quote