Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2011, 07:25 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

What is the largest size flat screen you can have in the living room of a 30QB? In the bedroom? What is the best way of securingwhile transporting?

Thanks

6.0 - standard bed

2011 Cruiser CF30QB
Principal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:05 AM   #2
New Camper

I mounted a 37" in the living room. It is a little over an inch thick so it clears the slide. It is mounted outside/in front of the opening that the tube tv was in. It hangs out a couple of inches past the cabinet, but I wanted the biggest TV since we watch a lot ov movies at night and in bad weather. I reinforced the opening with some oak to hold the swing arm mount.
In the bunk I mounted a 22" LCD with built in DVD. Again, I reinforced the opening with oak to hold the swing arm mount.
I have not installed one in the master bedroom, yet.

Hope this helps.

Mike

2007 Cruiser 30QB
franknbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:18 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans
I mounted a 37" in the living room. I reinforced the opening with some oak to hold the swing arm mount.
Mike

Mike, I'm curious how you mounted the re-in-forced mount in the Living room... Have any photos you can share?

dave

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:57 AM   #4
New Camper

As you know, the door faces of the cabinets are solid wood. However, the frames are not, just vinyl covered particle board. I cut some 3/4" oak the same width size as the side frame of the cabinet the factory TV was in, glued and stacked about 4 oak boards to the back of the frame closest to the outside of the camper. I also shot some 2" brads through both sides to hold everything together while the glue sets. Once the glue dried I had something to screw the TV swing arm base to. Once mounted to that reinforced face frame, the TV swings out and is outside the TV cabinet, but flush against opening where the old TV was. I wanted the biggest screen size without protruding too much out the side and a 37" worked for me. There is only about 2" between the slide when closed to the face of the TV cabinet. So I bought a LED LCD that's only 1 1/4" thick and wrap a towel over it while under way.
I did the same in the bunk room for the smaller 22" LCD. While diving down the road, I have two bungee cords the hold the TV's from swinging around and take some weight of the mounts. So far I've had no problems. I can take a picture but need some help posting. I hope I explained it clearly, pictures would help a lot.

Mike

2007 Cruiser 30QB
franknbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 05:20 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Mike,

Thanks for the insight.. How's the view angle? when sitting on the couch closest to the TV.

Pictures would be much appreciated. You can upload pic to photobucket, once you create an account

http://photobucket.com/

Copy the info from img box and post the Img language into your message the photo will appear. It's pretty easy once you see it.

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 08:17 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Not sure if this would work for your application, but I use an expandable closet rod with pipe insulation wrapped around it. I place the closet rod at an angle and twist until tight. The pipe insulation provides a nice padding for the tv in the entertainment center. I used a standard flat screen mount after junking the stock mount that was installed by the factory. The PDI inspection dude thought they owed me a tv at first until they double checked and saw that I had not ordered it from the factory. $899.00 19" tv from factory.....$479.00 26" Vizio(price 4-years ago) from Wally-world....1/2 hour to install.....priceless

2015 Rushmore Springfield
Disc Brake upgrade, Goodyear G614 tire upgrade
RV FLEX-ARMOR roof, Mor-Ryde IS suspension

2017 F350 Dually 4x4 6.7 Bronze Fire
gossamar is offline   Reply With Quote