Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2011, 01:08 PM   #1
Seasonal Camper

We need to purchase a flat screen 26 in for ourcrusier travel trailer. (Year 2005)looking for your choice of a tv brand & why. also howwere you able to mount it in the cubby hole of the entertainment center. Is it easily storedfor traveling????? Looking for many suggestions Karen
Tuscany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:04 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

I have a Sharp and like them for clarity and reliability. I put two screws through the stand into the shelf. I also have two curtain extension rods (front and back at the top of the TV) covered with black foam pipe insulation. Has worked great for 5 years.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:31 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Karen, I just purchased and installed a LG26LD350 from Walmart for $239 with free shipping to the store. The tv got great reviews from both Walmart's site and Amazon.It fits perfectlyusing the existing flat screen mount already installed by CR.This makes take down very easy, plus it's articulating.

However, in order to get the tv mounted I had to take expansion brackets from a ProMount brand tv mount I got from Menards. The tv that came with the trailer only had 4in mounting holes, but the LG has 8in. If yourinterested I will send you some additional details / photos.

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:10 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

I bought a 26" Vizio from Wally-land a few years back. Took down the factory mount and installed a universal mount about 1-foot up to center the tv. When transporting, I take an expandable closet rod with pipe insulation and run at an angle to keep tv from moving. So far after 5000+ miles life is still good. However, todays tvs have changed and you should be looking for an LED tv. VERY nice picture.

2015 Rushmore Springfield
Disc Brake upgrade, Goodyear G614 tire upgrade
RV FLEX-ARMOR roof, Mor-Ryde IS suspension

2017 F350 Dually 4x4 6.7 Bronze Fire
gossamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:32 AM   #5
Seasonal Camper

Thanks for the info. I did see that TV listed online at walmarts site with the free shipping!!!

Our cubby hole where the TV goes did not come with a wall mount for a flat TV. So if you could further explain the type you have that would be great or pictures as well. Also what do you do when your traveling to protect the TV from being jumbled around?? Thanks KAren
Tuscany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:00 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Just curious is your tv area a deep well designed for the older style deep CRT TV's? Where my tv goes it's the area is only about 8" deep designed for a flat screen. If you have the deep well then any tv with a basewould work that would fit the width.

When we are traveling Isimplyloosen a thumb screw on the mount, unplugtheantenna, unplugthe power from the back of the tv,and lay on the bed screen side down. The new flat screens are so light it's funny.

I think about a 27" Sony old style tv I have that weights about 70lbs, but yet my 56" flat screen weight less than 50lbs.

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:06 PM   #7
Seasonal Camper

Karen,

I have the same type of TV set up as you do in your trailer. What I did was took and screwed 4 eye bolts into the back wall of the entertainment center area. We have 2 throw pillows for the couch and take and put one in front of the TV and 1 in the back of the TV and I put bungie cords to hold it secure while traveling. Just hook the bungies to the eye hooks, and over the pillow in the front of the TV and it stays right in place.

When we get to a campground, I take the bungies off one side closest to the outlet and keep them behind the TV on the other side. Thentake the pillows and trow them on the counch and we can watch TV right away. Nothing has to be rehooked back up, the wires all stay on the TV while traveling.

We have a 26" Element flat screen that we got from Walmart for cheap. I got it because it fit good in the entertainment area, and it is the same brand we have at home. So when I take the satellite dish receiver from the house and put it in the trailer, I dont have to reprogram the remote for a different flat screen manufacturer. Just hook up the sat. dish point and enjoy TV.Edited by: fixit5561

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate Edition 4X4

2004 Crossroads Cruiser CT30RL
fixit5561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 02:49 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

If you want a light tv buy LED our 47" in the stick house is guesing about 30lbs.

The 26" in the trailer must be about 10??

Look at picture quality as you have the tv for some time and spend some time looking at it.

The LG is amazing,almost looks 3D it is sooo clear.

Remember that most of the time you get what you pay for.

2006 GMC Duramax-Edge Evolution

2011 CT29RLX

Bikes,Canoe,toys,toys,toyz
we-canoe is offline   Reply With Quote