Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2009, 08:34 AM   #1
Seasonal Camper

We just a bought a 26 in flat screen tv to replace the old tv. so we are looking for ideas to install this Flat Screen. Our cruiser is a 05 so ithas a deep cavity for thecabinet to holdolder model tv's. We don't want this new one to be wobbling around inside the cabinet as we travel.we do have a stand bracket that came with it, butattaches to the bottom of the cabient nwith screws! Will this be enough to support it through bumpy area's. Open for any suggestions. karen
Tuscany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:42 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

If you do a search through the forum you will find many different approaches to secure your TV. My very simple and inexpensive method has worked extremely well. Once I mounted the TV on the bracket (a 26") I noted that the TV was not very secure in the space provided - the quick and simple fix was to cut one of my daughter's "pool noodles" into pre-measured lengths for the bottom (2), back (2) and sides (2). The pieces in the back are to prevent the TV from moving in-out. The bottom/sides are to prevent sideways movement. They fit very snug - and because ther are foam - they take up all the vibration - and prevent any movement. So far they have lasted for about 1500 miles worth of towing in the Maritimes of Canada where we are not known for exceptionally smooth roadways!!! Cost - about a buck Canadian - hasn't failed me yet........

Happy Camping!!

Roselyn and Darrell
2007.5 Silverado LT/EFI Live Tuned Duramax/6Spd Allison/Banks Ram Air with Super Scoop/Edge CTS Gauges/Air Lift Load Lifter 5000 Ultimate Air Springs
2014 335ss Cruiser Provincial
Retired Navy
Darrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:43 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

I always remove my TV before I travel. I store it under the master bed. Probably the safest and smoothest ride in a 5th wheel. My 2010 Cruiser came with a bracket that is easly detached.
rcflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:59 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

I built a shelf that flips out of my tv cabinet and makes astable 6 inch wide area for my 32 inch flat screen to sit on. The left side fits nicely behind the big slide where the dinnette is and is protected from being accidently knocked off. When we get ready to slide in all the slides and hit the road I just sit the tv back inside the cabinet at an angle, put two bungee cords on it anchored to each side of the back of the cabinet, flip over the shelf which is on a piano hinge and it goes back enough to allow the slide to safely come back in. I toss in a pillow in front of the tv just for insurance and off we go. I love this cheap effective way to enjoy a 32 inch TV.
Pull Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:45 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

I agree, do a search (possibly archive section). There's lots of approaches. I bought two tension curtain rods to fit the space. I then covered each with foam (noodle or plumbing pipe insulation) and placed one at the top in front and at the top in back. These along with two screws through the base feet have kept the t.v. very solid.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:44 PM   #6
Family Vacation Member

I built a wall in my 29RK attached are pictures. It was very solid. How is Larry going to watch his old movies on a such a new TV?

http://s627.photobucket.com/albums/tt352/CruzerRV08/Upgrades/

Edited by: dja29RK

2004 Ford F350 Diesel

https://i627.photobucket.com/albums/t...30slbucket.jpg
dja29RK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:57 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

We used the same approach as Stan. The tension shower curtain rods are stable and the black pipe insulation makes the top front rod virtually invisible. Wehave been using this set up a couple of years with no problems. Cheap & Easy
https://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r...aravan07-2.gif
pegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:10 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

I made a door to cover the entertainment center opening and mounted it with a piano hinge at the top with a hasp at the bottom to keep it closed. Then I mounted the flat screen to the door. All the wires and cables go through the door behind the TV andinto the cabinet out of the way. Might be over kill but I like the looks of the TV farther out and there is plenty of storage behind the TV for DVDs, extra cables, whatever.
**Mason-Dixon Bunch**
CruiserJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:49 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

Karen,

When we replaced our TV all we did was drill through the existing metal mounting bracket in the RV and we went right through the base of the TV and bolted it down. We also have a strap tofasten around the TV and it held all the way from Downers Grove, IL to Moab, Utah.

Tom Seiler
pointer1 is offline   Reply With Quote