Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2010, 02:05 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Hello folks, this is my first post and I'm hoping I can get some help... I was at Fort Wilderness in Disney last weekend and the tee fitting on the cold water line for my water filter blew flooding my 2005 28BH. I have done as much as I can - dried the carpets and have opened the belly to get as much water out as possible. Unfortunately, water appears to be trapped between the vapor barrier and the sub floor. I've cut the barrier in a few places and the insulation is very wet. I'm about to take it to ServPro to have them take a look at what they can do but I'm afraid that they will want to rip up all the flooring... Any good ideas out there on how to dry out the underbelly (between the vapor barrier and the sub floor - between the floor joists)? Thanks in advance!

Lewis

lmakepeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:12 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

If you haven't done so already a call to Randy Mischler at CrossRoads might save you some time and money. Randy might be able to suggest an easy or best way to dry out the unit.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:15 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Thanks, I was just thinking about calling CR...

2005 Cruiser 28BH
Old 06-01-2010, 02:36 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Yes, call them up first to get the scoop on how to best dry it out! Sorry for your hassle, where was the filter located? I don't recall filters installed on Cruisers.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:25 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Just talked to Randy and he was helpful... Just have a bunch of work to do (or have done)...
The filter is under the kitchen sink. It is a mod I did a while back an the line from the T to the filter blew out... Great mod to have but not sure I like working with the PEX tubing... Once I get it dried out, I'm going to fix the fitting and start turning off the water when I leave the rig... Turns out a guy on the same loop at Disney had a flood in his raptor just a day or two before - maybe my pressure regulator is not doing the job...

2005 Cruiser 28BH
Old 06-01-2010, 04:14 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Wow real bummer. Glad Randy was a help - he's a swell guy!

I always turn off my water. The wife thinks I'm paranoid. Well she use to think I was paranoid until she saw a trailer flooded at a parkwhen a faucet let go.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote