Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2010, 07:30 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

I have a 2004 Cruiser and cannot figure out where my water tank outlets are. I do not want to remove the fabric to expose the tank and was hoping someone here can help.

My concern is for winterizing. I realize my drain line is not on the bottom, but on the side. But what side? After I have drained the tank, I still have quite a bit of water that can be pumped out of the tank. That tells me that the water pump line outlet is lower than the drain outlet.

I would prefer to remove all the water out of the tank, but I guess it's not possible. Do other cruiser owner's put pink in the tank or in the line from the tank to the pump?

Northern California

2004 CF25RS

2004 F250 SD PSD

https://i632.photobucket.com/albums/u.../Truck5th2.jpg

Korbe & Diana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:52 AM   #2
Site Team

Here is a pic of what my tank looks like when setting on the floor on end.
">

The hole on the left is the p/u to the pump, and the one on the right with the fitting is the drain.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:18 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

As long as you have the majority of water, down to the drain point, out of the tank, whats left can freeze and there will be plenty of room for expansion. No damage will be done. I have done this with both my cruisers with no problem.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:21 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Hey Old Farmer, thanx for the pic. Are those outlets located on the curb side of the unit?

Northern California

2004 CF25RS

2004 F250 SD PSD

https://i632.photobucket.com/albums/u.../Truck5th2.jpg

Korbe & Diana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:25 AM   #5
Site Team

It's been almost 2yrs. since I had the tank out for that mod, but as I remember, they are located on the street side. My fill is in the back. In that pic the tank is sitting on end at the back of the 5er. you can see the fill and vent on the bottom of the pic.
Look underneath where your drain comes out. That should tell you where the rest are.
And, NO. don't pump antifreeze into your tank. You'll never get it out. Like Dale said, there is enough room for expansion so it shouldn't hurt the tank. It hasn't mine.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:50 AM   #6
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemac377
As long as you have the majority of water, down to the drain point, out of the tank, whats left can freeze and there will be plenty of room for expansion. No damage will be done. I have done this with both my cruisers with no problem.
After my trailer is all set up for storage I open the drain line once more to expell any water that may be in it. Then reclose to keep criters from getting into the tank. I use antifreeze in the lines so the pump will be ok.
rcflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:33 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

I have two low point drains the valves are located in the side cabinet along with the grey/black water drains when winterizing this year I found an additional black drain on the frame near the wheels and a water low point drain under thw trailer near the entry door, Neither of these were mentioned in the owners manual or by the salesman on delivery. The best thing is to look around. With the length and severity of the winters up here I like to get every drop of H2O out of the unit.

CF33LF PROVINCIAL EDITION
SWAILES is offline   Reply With Quote