Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2012, 09:15 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

I have a new 2012 CT29RLX. After the first trip out I noticed that the propane tank cover keeps sliding down. Also noticed a few cracks in the fiberglass front cap. It's in forfirst servicebut I haven't heard what the fix is going to be. Just fix the cracks or replace the front cap. Little worried about changing the front cap and the possible future water leaks. Any one else have this problem.
John

Bradford, Ontario

2012 Cruiser CT29RLX

2007 GMC Sierra
Pint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:33 PM   #2
Pnr
Family Vacation Member

My sunset trail cracked around the marker lights after first trip out. They put a new cap on mine, seems ok now.

Paul
Pnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:47 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Our front cap had blimishes in it. Factory sent the wrong replacement cap and they ended up having a body shop repair it. It looks great.
Captain Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:43 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnr
My sunset trail cracked around the marker lights after first trip out. They put a new cap on mine, seems ok now.

Paul
Thanks Paul, I'll find out what there going to do in a few days.
John

Bradford, Ontario

2012 Cruiser CT29RLX

2007 GMC Sierra
Old 05-30-2012, 05:44 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Mike
Our front cap had blimishes in it. Factory sent the wrong replacement cap and they ended up having a body shop repair it. It looks great.

Thanks Mike, I'll find out in a few days what there going to do.

John

Bradford, Ontario

2012 Cruiser CT29RLX

2007 GMC Sierra
Old 06-01-2012, 11:35 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78

My 2008 had the same issue, stress cracks near attatchments due to poor installation at the factory. The cap was fixed when I drove by the factory, it wasn't replaced (no need, they are easy to touchup). The repair held up the entire time I owned the unit.

I must say, it's disappointing to see they still haven't figured out how to install a fiberglass cap without cracking it or damaging the finish..... This isn't something you see other mid-range units struggling with.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:08 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebber78

My 2008 had the same issue, stress cracks near attatchments due to poor installation at the factory. The cap was fixed when I drove by the factory, it wasn't replaced (no need, they are easy to touchup). The repair held up the entire time I owned the unit.

I must say, it's disappointing to see they still haven't figured out how to install a fiberglass cap without cracking it or damaging the finish..... This isn't something you see other mid-range units struggling with.

Thanks for the info Mike. I'm still waiting to hear what they're going to do.

Pint

Bradford, Ontario

2012 Cruiser CT29RLX

2007 GMC Sierra
Old 06-27-2012, 12:09 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

We have 3 cracks in front of our 2012~SSTR 29RL too. Sort of getting a run around so we will see what comes of this. Took it out 3 times and noticed it this last time out.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:11 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmess109

We have 3 cracks in front of our 2012~SSTR 29RL too. Sort of getting a run around so we will see what comes of this. Took it out 3 times and noticed it this last time out.

Not sure what's going to happen with mine. Dealer said a Crossroads rep looked at it and it will be dealt with. I said it will have to wait as I am using it every few weeks so I don't want to take a chance that it won't be available.

John

Bradford, Ontario

2012 Cruiser CT29RLX

2007 GMC Sierra
Old 08-05-2012, 04:42 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

We just heard that CR will not repair our front cracks. WE ARE NOT HAPPY CAMPERS! So we take the legal way now. They can have this unit back as far as I am concerned. What happened to the 2 yr warranty? Washed waxed and taken out 4 times... No holes from stones, just cracks spreading like wildfire on the front of the unit.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:51 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

Could this be some new cost cutting measures within Crossroads that are starting to take a toll on quality and warranty issues? There sure have been a lot of quality issues reported here lately on the forum. Just saying.....
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:43 AM   #12
Site Team

I can't figure out whats happening within the Crossroads establishment.
I am very thankful for the quality that we have in our unit, but there does seem to be a lot of units coming out of the factory lately that should have stayed there!!
I think if CR doesn't get their head out of their tail and get this situation turned around pretty soon, they might just as well lock the doors!!

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:21 AM   #13
Family Vacation Member

"We just heard that CR will not repair our front cracks. WE ARE NOT HAPPY CAMPERS! So we take the legal way now. They can have this unit back as far as I am concerned. What happened to the 2 yr warranty? Washed waxed and taken out 4 times... No holes from stones, just cracks spreading like wildfire on the front of the unit.</span>"

I would request they put your warranty denial in writing on a company letterhead. This letter should explain why they denied your warranty request (make them tell you what you did wrong). Make this request in writing via certified mail (Start a paper-trail). Take this up the food chain and make sure this is their final position.
Good luck!
Captain Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:23 AM   #14
Weekend Camper

We can't figure it out either. The CR people were extremely rude to us when we tried to find a place for service. The people we took it to can not believe that they would not cover under warranty. So we are going the legal way! These cracks are from inside out. Our auto body guy is also a boat repair (gelcoat), said the same. He said those were from a dirty pour. People should think twice and ask lots of questions!! THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A TWO YEAR WARRANTY. It sat in the driveway and cracked...They said it was hitwith something??? On both sided in two different areas. There are no holes or pings...just cracking outward.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:31 AM   #15
Weekend Camper

Thanks Captain you are right in that paper trail! We are so unhappy with this company it ain't funny. So sorry we ever sold our Prowler!!!! At this point we are ready to loose money and trade the piece of *S* in! Never had a bad RV till now. I do like that people on here help you. When we bought our unit that was the big talk. It's a family...they are here for you. DON'T BELIEVE IT FOR ONE MINUTE! Every issue we had we fought tooth and nail. New unit in Novemeber...used 4 times. It has been in the shop 3 months the first time, now ??? who knows.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:06 AM   #16
Full Time Camper

dmess109, if you look around the forum there are several front cap issues right now with new trailers rather it be fading or cracks. I would keep an eye on those threads and see how Crossroads handles those warranty issues compared to how they handled yours. They have a lot riding on how they handle warranty issues because in the past that has been their strong selling point. Since there has been a lot of quality issues reported on the forum lately we should start seeing how they handle all that warranty work.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:20 AM   #17
Weekend Camper

Thanks Hunter! I have been checking those out as well. CR RV posted on FB today and so did I. Well I got a response to email them. I guess they don't want bad news spreading...lol Well they got my email now lets see what they do. I will not apply thisto my auto insurance or trailer insurance like they want me to. There are NO holes, or dings to say it was from road hazzard. In fact you can't even see it untilwe washed the unit. We got up close and noticed it. It's even hard to take pictures of it because there is NO holes or dings to find it. It's just cracking and hard to see unless you get right up on it...but they are all over on both sides. I don't want leaks, or any other problems that might arise from the cracks. They need to make it right that's the bottom line. If they are having factory defects people need to be aware.
Thank you everyone for all your help! I will keep you posted.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:17 AM   #18
Weekend Camper

Quick update...With paper trail to Director of Marketing &amp;VP of Operations,as well as pictures of unit. CR RV said they will do us good! We will see and I will keep you all posted.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:16 AM   #19
Site Team

dmess109--That is good news. Maybe somebody at CR got their head out.
Only time will tell if the checks in the mail.
Keep us updated.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:16 PM   #20
Full Time Camper

Hi I have a Crossroads 5th wheel 31 RK with bad cap. Just start with the BS and dealer, How did yours end up?

Faribault MN
LeBo is offline   Reply With Quote