Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2009, 12:22 PM   #1
New Camper

We have a 2006 29ck. Last year it went back to the factory to have all of the outside skin replaced. They did a wonderful job, however now the front decal is starting to peel away. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, how did you solve it?

band47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:08 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Replace the decal. This seams to be a constant problem with the front. Mine did it and I replaced them only to have it start again.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:00 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Mine did the same thing after a trip to & from the factory. They sent me a new package and I have yet to instal it.

bawjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:07 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to papabear
Band47..... I had the same thing happen to my 2007 CF29CK last summer. Took it back to the dealer and they replaced the front decals. Dealer told me that they are using a different material now and it should stay. Dealer also told me that when the old decal is removed the cap needs to be cleaned real good. This is a must or the new one will do the same thing. I told the dealer that if this one peels off too I will take the whole decal off and leave it a big "white" blank with nothing there.....................Dave

2012 Cruiser Patriot Edition 335SS

2014 F250 4X4 Super Duty Diesel

https://i639.photobucket.com/albums/u...s/IMG_1120.jpg
papabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:35 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Just a suggestion; Wash front cap with Dawn dishwashing det. This will strip not only dirt/grime, but also any wax/protectant that may still be there...if in doubt, wash a 2nd time and dry with microfiber towel.

If any other products are used, cleaners/polishers, etc., finish off with the Dawn wash, then apply new decal. Good luck

Bailey, the Lap Cocker Spaniel

07 Cruiser 30SK

07 Dodge CTD 5.9 3500 QC 4x4

https://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...andcamper2.jpg

&lt
Cobra909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:20 PM   #6
New Camper

I appreciate all of the replys. I will call the factory to find out how much decals cost and whether or not to even replace them..........any other suggestions will be appreciated........thanks, again.

band47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:49 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

When we bought our old CruiserI pulled the decal off the front cap the first week we had it. I had seen to many over the years that looked really bad from all the bugs and road grit that had been hitting them. If our Paradise Pointe had not have sat on the dealers lot for over a year before we bought it I would have done the same thing with the front decal on it. After sitting that long in the weather I knew all the fiberglass under the decals would have looked new and the other parts would have been faded so I left it alone.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote