Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2010, 05:39 AM   #1
New Camper

I've seen some postings on mice in the trailer, I can do one better. We had a weasel in our trailer. Not once, not twice but 3 times. We have a 07 32BL. He had obviously gotten into the belly and we were lucky he was contained to the electrical/plumbing distribution area and couldn't get into the actual trailer.

The first time it happened, I plugged the holes I thought he got in through, the second time did a harder look. The third time I found the big hole at the back by the bumper, just up the back wall. This big hole gives direct access to the underbelly.

Does anyone know if there is a purpose to this hole? If I plug it is it going to cause any issues. You would think that there is a purpose based on the size. Is it so pressure doesn't build up in the belly when travelling?

thanks
tthoreson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:47 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

I would plug any hole in the underbelly. Critters arn't welcome in my camper.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:57 AM   #3
New Camper

I would agree I just want to know if I can completely cover them or if I should use some sort of mesh or screen instead of duct tape as it is now.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:44 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

If you go with the duck tape I would use gorilla tape. It has a better adhesive. Other item I was told. Place a couple dryer sheets like your DW uses when she washes clothes into the hole before you tape it closed. Criters do not like the smell and may be less likely to tear off the tape.
rcflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:45 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
I noticed these circular openings on the rear of the frame under the rear wall on mine too!!! A small cat could get in there! I taped mine with black Gorilla tape.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:50 AM   #6
New Camper

The duct tape was a temp solution for the winter. will look at perm solutions when it warms up.

Not sure if you know about weasels but I'm thinking the body parts I found in where he was, dryer sheets aren't going to stop him. Probably use it as a bib while eating his mice and gophers.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:45 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

I worked on mine and it had holes in the rear frame also. It looks like to me that all the cross members are the same as they stamp them all out and the holes is for the wiring and the plumbing up under the coach. I had mice problem this year also. I plugged the holes with the aluminum furnace duct tape and so far no more mice yet. So I don't think them holes has a purpose back there. You would think that Crossroads would have caught this.

2012 Cruiser CF335SS
cruzinfools is offline   Reply With Quote