Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2009, 05:03 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

We brought our new 30sk home on Friday. I checked the sound system at the dealership but did not play a cd/dvd. When i got home I discovered a problem. It will not accept or eject discs. When I push the dvd into the player it says "loading" but will not play. Anyone else had this problem. The radio works great.

Jasper, AL

2009 30SK

[https://i565.photobucket.com/albums/s...andCruiser.jpg
kjones9820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:07 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

Mine seems to be sensitive to scratches. Try and load several CD/DVDs.

2006 GMC 2500HD CC D/A LBZ

Sold 2002 Chevy 2500HD CC 8.1 3.73

B&W Turnover Ball Hitch with Companion
jgerni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:12 AM   #3
New Camper

Mine won't play DVD's either. Haven't had time to contact dealer about replacement...

rwpowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:42 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

I have a 2010 Cruiser 26RK. I have not had any problems with the DVD player. (Except very low resolution a big disappointment) But I have found the AM radio is worthless. I have not been able to receive any stations except ones that are less than 10 miles from the trailer. My truck radio will pick up at least 20 stations crystal clear and the Jenson may pick up 2 with poor quality.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" />

rcflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:59 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

I recently relocated my "Coby combo" to the garbage. It was worthless - unless I was parked in the radio station parking lot - all I got was the All-Time Greatest Statichits!! DVDs played - very briefly - with poor resolution and interference - until it completely crapped out. I looked for a quick replacement and quickly found out that the whole system was worth about 100 bucks Canadian - JUNK.

My recommendation - (I plan to do this next spring) - take your trailerto a reasonably reputable Electronics Dealer that you can trust (BestBuy, Furture Shop etc) - have them rip out the crap that Crossroads installed and invest in a 1/2 decent system that works more than 10nm from the dealer - which apparently seems to be the norm.

Sorry to sound so disgusted...

I the meantime,I hooked-upmy daughter's PS2, and bring my DeWalt radio with me - works great.........

Happy Camping

Roselyn and Darrell
2007.5 Silverado LT/EFI Live Tuned Duramax/6Spd Allison/Banks Ram Air with Super Scoop/Edge CTS Gauges/Air Lift Load Lifter 5000 Ultimate Air Springs
2014 335ss Cruiser Provincial
Retired Navy
Darrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:05 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Sense were leaving in 10 days for 4 a week vacation in our 2010 29rkandsense I bought a whole stack of dvd's, you got my curiosity up and I traipsed out into the pouring down rain to check out the dvd player,and you was right I couldn't geta dvd to play, finally figured out the secret was with the tv setting, we have a vizio tv and read in the vizio book to push the input button, ours worked when the input was on AV2. I don't know what kind of tv you have but you might check your tv settings.

Hope this helps
mosledder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:19 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Thanks for the replies and suggestions. After doing some reading on the blogs and I think it was mentioned on the Jensen web site, I decided to take the unit out to see if the shipping screw was still in place.On the back of the unitthere was a red warning label that said the cd/dvd would not work if the screw was still there. It was so I removed it. The cd will now play but still will not accept or eject the cds. I have to push them in and then it is hard to get them out. I contacted my dealer who basically told me that they would have to email Jensen (there is no telephonenumber listed on their web site) to get the issue resolved. I decided to email them myself but have received no reply. It has been almost a week. This particular unit cost around $300 new. I'm not willing to replace it in a brand new RV. I think the dealer should have to replace it if it comes to that. Maybe the shipping screw problem will help someone else.

Jasper, AL

2009 30SK

Old 08-23-2009, 12:50 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

I checked my Jensen unit today and it played cd's and dvd's okay. Had to change input on Sanyo tv, but that is normal with multi-input tv's. Ejected cd's and dvd's using the eject button on the remote control. So far so good.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:16 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

Glad yours in working. I'll keep the group posted about the problems with mine. Now. I have to tackle the San T Flush problem...it doesn't work either.

Jasper, AL

2009 30SK

Old 08-24-2009, 02:55 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Your dealer should be taking care of these issues not you. I think you need to speak to the service manager and let him know.....
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 03:06 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

I contacted the dealer about both problems. They told me they had never dealt with Jensen and would have to email them to get the sound system issue resolved. I could take the RV back to them (probably will if I can't get the issues resolved) but they are 21/2 hours away. By the time I pay for thethe gas both ways Ihave spent more money than the repairs will cost.It is very frustrating to have these problems with a new RV. I am aggravated that the dealer didn't check them out in the first place. If they had, I wouldn't be having to do this. Edited by: kjones9820

Jasper, AL

2009 30SK

Old 08-30-2009, 07:07 AM   #12
Weekend Camper

Update on progress with sound system. After several emails back and forth with Jensen tech support and me trying all their suggestions to fix the DVD/CD player without successthey agreed to let me send the system back to the factory. Apparently this is an exception (which I greatly appreciate). They prefer to go through the dealers who sell the RVs. I pleaded my case that I had done everything that my dealer could do since they didn't have an electronics technician on staff and I saw no reason to delay the process further by having to wait on the dealer torepeat what I had already done. I am to call Jensen tomorrow for direction on how to send the system back for a replacement. We'll see what happens.

Jasper, AL

2009 30SK

Old 09-07-2009, 12:07 PM   #13
Weekend Camper

We're very pleased with the service that we received from Jensen. After giving them some info about the purchase of our Cruiser they sent out a replacement stereo system via UPS and we had it in 3 days. They sent a call tag for the defectivesystem which has to be returned within 30 days. We couldn't have asked for better service.

We couldn't get the DVD to work until weconnected the tv to the video out cable on the back of the system (which required taking it out). Is this the way it has to be or are we missing something? If this is the only way, we will have to drill a hole in the cabinet in order to hook it up. Not a big deal but something we were not expecting. Feedback appreciated.

Jasper, AL

2009 30SK

Old 09-07-2009, 12:30 PM   #14
Full Time Camper

The factory should have built the camper with a opening in the ent. center with a audio/video cable running from the output of the Jensen to the LCD mount arm. Do you not have this?
Old 09-07-2009, 01:03 PM   #15
Weekend Camper

Don't think so. There are no openings in the entertainment center from the Jensen or anywhere else. The only two video outputs on the back of the stereowere notconnected to anything. We had to drill an openingfor the satellite receiver. Maybewe just got an incomplete unit. Are you saying that that you have a connection on the LCD arm?

Jasper, AL

2009 30SK

Old 09-08-2009, 02:55 AM   #16
Full Time Camper

Adjactent to the LCD arm is a 1" opening with a finish gromet around it. Out that hole are 3 wires (video, l/r audio) which is connected to the Jensen.

If you don't have this someone screwed up!
Old 09-08-2009, 03:31 AM   #17
Weekend Camper

I guess someone screwed up!Just our luck. We love the Cruiser butthings like thison a new RV are frustrating.We'll get out the hole saw and fix it. Thanks for your reply.

Jasper, AL

2009 30SK

Old 09-08-2009, 06:00 AM   #18
Full Time Camper

I had the three wire cable coming through a groumet and laying by the TV mounting bracket. Plugged in the cables to the TV and everything worked. Apparently somebody forgot to finish this area on your trailer!
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:27 AM   #19
Full Time Camper

Call them up and have them ship you the groumet to finish off the edge.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:33 AM   #20
Weekend Camper

I should probably call them to let them know about our experience. The frustrating part was figuring it all out. Now that we have done that I think we can fix it without much effort. I bought the gromet for the otherhole that I cut in the bottom of the entertainment centerat Home Depot. They have all sizes and are relatively inexpensive.

KJ

Jasper, AL

2009 30SK