Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2009, 11:15 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

I recently bought a 2008 Cruiser 32SB - pretty happpy with it - beats the old pop-up. Since I boght it thru a car dealership (long story) - vice a RV dealership - I did not get the "How to" tour of the unit - I am pretty much learning as I go. Other than a few snags (includinga bent axle - which the dealer is paying to have fixed) - I think I have most of the trailer figured out. However, there is a pull lever just forward of the left front tire that appears to be connected to a cable that disappears into the underbody fabric. The 64 thousand dollar question - What is it for? I checked all the owner's manuals and pamphlets - no info. Anyone?

Thanks from Nova Scotia
Darrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:36 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

My 07 does not have one of those. Does the handle look like the three rear tank drains? It is possible Crossroads changed the way the fresh water tank gets drained. To drain my water tank I just remove a cap from a tube that is sticking out from the underbelly below the water heater.

07 Cruiser CT32SB
crustyolsalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:41 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

The lever is identical to the ones used to drain the black and grey water tanks. I found the freshwater drain spigot (white protrusion with a small plastic cap) - is the lever another drain valve? I noticed that when I hook up the sewer hose and connect to shore water - when getting ready to dump the tanks - thesewer hosewas already filled with water BEFORE I opened either of the black/grey water drain valves - but noticed that ths "other" lever was pulled back..

Thanks.

Roselyn and Darrell
2007.5 Silverado LT/EFI Live Tuned Duramax/6Spd Allison/Banks Ram Air with Super Scoop/Edge CTS Gauges/Air Lift Load Lifter 5000 Ultimate Air Springs
2014 335ss Cruiser Provincial
Retired Navy
Old 06-10-2009, 11:47 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
My 31SB has 2 grey tanks and 1 black tank.

The shower/sink grey water drain pull and black water pull are in the underside pass-thru water center. The other galley grey water tank is near my driver side tire.

I suspect this is your 2nd grey water tank pull. Bent axles are common on Lippert products, so much so that if you do a search you'll have plenty of reading.

Happy camping.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:53 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

If you have three valve handles in the back, two small grey ones and a black one I would not know what it is for. If there is only two in the back the front one should be for the kitchen grey tank.

07 Cruiser CT32SB
crustyolsalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:54 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Thanks for the help - I will confirm the lever next time out - ensuring it is shut - before I hook up services. Roger Out on the Lippert axles - read a bunch lately not too keen on poor quality - especially if it supporting over 8000lbs of trailer!!!!! Here's to a warm dry summer - and plenty of cool liquids to take the edge off...

Have a Good One..

Roselyn and Darrell
2007.5 Silverado LT/EFI Live Tuned Duramax/6Spd Allison/Banks Ram Air with Super Scoop/Edge CTS Gauges/Air Lift Load Lifter 5000 Ultimate Air Springs
Retired Navy
Old 06-10-2009, 12:10 PM   #7
Site Team

Darrell:
I have 3 pull levers and one is separate from the other 2. The single one is for the galley.
Some time when you are filling with water at home, keep that lever pulled and run water down your kitchen sink and see if it comes out. If it does shut the lever and see if it stops.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:00 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

I intend to try that - right now I am waiting to get my trailer back from the shop for the bent axle issue.

Roselyn and Darrell
Retired Navy