Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2011, 11:22 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

I think just a few months before we ordered out CF325CKP they discontinued the skylight. When we ordered our unit the factory said they would still do a special install for us but somehow it slipped through the cracks and it arrived without a skylight. We have since ordered the skylight from the factory and are going to have an RV tech install it. It would be helpful if we could get a picture from someone that has it factory installed so the tech can hopefully install it in the same place and avoid any problems with wiring, air ducts, etc. The factory install site was over the kitchen area. I'm guessing the install site would be the same for more than one Cruiser model so if anyone has a factory installed skylight and would be willing to take a picture is would be certainlyappreciated.

2012 Cruiser CF325CKP

2010 Ford F-350 6.4 SB 4wd

W0CSC

Semper Fi 59-63
calliopeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:44 PM   #2
Site Team

Ken, I take it you need a picture of sky lite on a 2012 Cruiser CF325CKP??
Not my old 08 cruiser. Which has the sky lite over the bath.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:15 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

I will give you my opinion of bathroom skylites, a leak waiting to happen, we are looking to up grade a higher end 5er and the main thing is that I don't want a skylite in the bath, Mobile Suite will build without a skylite, the Keystone Montana will not build without,Them seem to be a leaking waiting to happen, I am not tall, Im. 5"11 and I really have no need for one and the less holes in the roof the bestter your chances of no leaks, I would look at the no light as a sure plus, I guess if your tall enought and need it then no choice but otherwise I sure would be happy without one....just my thoughts

2004 Ford F-350 CC dually 4X4
mbinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:48 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
I think I know what your talking about, your speaking of the skylight in the main living area that CR used for about a year to introduce more light in the living area. Just a tip, I would strongly consider NOT installing one unless it's dark in the area. A skylight has no insulation properties, allows heat to enter in the summer, and is another hole in your roof.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 02:42 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebber78
I think I know what your talking about, your speaking of the skylight in the main living area that CR used for about a year to introduce more light in the living area. Just a tip, I would strongly consider NOT installing one unless it's dark in the area. A skylight has no insulation properties, allows heat to enter in the summer, and is another hole in your roof.

I certainly agree with above poster on the heat loss etc & are very happy our 32 ck came without the living area skylight. We have had 4 different units with skylights & not yet a leaker only condensation,this is over 12 years.IMHO jb
Old 05-13-2011, 04:44 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

We have the kitchen skylite in ours. We keep the shade on it closed all the time because of heat/cold effects. I wish Crossroads would have left the original vent in that location so we could have installed a fantastic fan there like we had on our '07 cf30sk.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:38 AM   #7
Seasonal Camper

I disagree with the above posts. I think it lets in a lot of natural light and brightens the kitchen--a place where a lot of light is needed. If you have guests staying in you can close the shade (with a stool). I would have to say my only complaint... the skylight and all of the other things on the ceiling (lights-many, speakers, ac and FF, it makes it look cluttered.
Anyway, if you still want some pics, let me know and I can take some this weekend.

'11 Crossroads Cruiser CF325CK

https://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...4/S4011042.jpg
happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:56 PM   #8
Family Vacation Member

Happycamper - If you would be so kind we would appreciate a picture of your skylight to help with exact placement since you have the exact same unit. I did get some photos on another Crossroads unit via private message and the skylightlooked like it allowed a lot of extra light and installation looks nice and clean.

In reference to the skylight over the shower, we have had quite a few different 5th wheels and a skylight over the shower for us is an absolute must have. We have never had the least bit of problems with the shower skylight.

2012 Cruiser CF325CKP

W0CSC

Semper Fi 59-63
Old 05-14-2011, 01:48 AM   #9
Seasonal Camper

no problem, I'll try and have them for you today. If you like I can take a picture of my 'full size' counter just so you can see what you're missing

Old 05-14-2011, 05:04 AM   #10
Family Vacation Member

Happy camper - oh ya...well how would you like to see a picture of my refrig OPEN with all the slides in huh? Just kidding....I would gladly trade for the bigger cabinets and counter. One of our cabinets will just barely allow one bottle of pop standing up...I suppose they added it just to finish off the cosmetics but its kinda funny...has a full size cabinet door

2012 Cruiser CF325CKP

W0CSC

Semper Fi 59-63
Old 05-14-2011, 01:28 PM   #11
Seasonal Camper

Our fridge opens enough to access anything inside while the slide is in. It opens about halfway. Thats enough for me...
I too find there is a LOT of cabinet space but it all seems very small and not too practical. The only cupboard that would hold a fullsize plate was the one above the range-- the rest are only about 6 inches deep.

Old 05-14-2011, 02:19 PM   #12
Full Time Camper

Must be why we like our 30skp so much. Lots of deep cabinets, upper and lower, and loads of counter space. Just shows why so many floorplans to meet so many individual needs.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 03:03 AM   #13
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycampers
Our fridge opens enough to access anything inside while the slide is in. It opens about halfway. Thats enough for me...
I too find there is a LOT of cabinet space but it all seems very small and not too practical. The only cupboard that would hold a fullsize plate was the one above the range-- the rest are only about 6 inches deep.

That is the reason we originally went to purchase the 325 but when assessing the cupboard storage available we changed our mind. There are other models with the bigger kitchens and cupboards & counter space. We did not need an enormous kitchen /cooking area just enough!
What we decided on the 32 ck was more than a perfect happy medium for us and after spending several months in it we feel we were not wrong! Plenty of convenient cupboards and storage and more than enough counter,as there are only two of us & the Pup & she still eats at floor level.We have storage cabs that are empty and several of them..IMHOjb
Old 05-15-2011, 12:39 PM   #14
Seasonal Camper

we still have cupboards empty too. DW fell in love with the closet in the bedroom... but still can't seem to fill it. If she can't.. than no can