Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2009, 12:25 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Picked up from the dealer yesterday afternoon. Pulled it the 190 miles back home and ran into a MONSOON! About 30 miles from the house, the rain was coming down so hard, that traffic on Interstate 20 ( 70 MPH speed limit) had slowed to 30 to 35 MPH. All through the roads in Augusta huge puddles and runnoff was inches deep. As heading south toward home, the skies started clearing and by the time we got home , the rain had stopped. We opened the camper up and could not find any sign of water infiltration. For my very first towing experience with a fifth wheel, all was a success. I ran over no curbs, I had no problems stopping and filling with gas (thanks Flying J), and handling was actually much better than I had anticipated. The wife and I are extremely happy with our choice. She is in the other room deciding what she is going to put where and making a list for Wally World. I'll try and post some pics soon.

Maggie Mae (Basset Hound)

2008 Ford F-250 CC 5.4l 3.73

2010 Cruiser CF30SK Patriot

Chazworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:28 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Congrats on the new trailer. As far as the rain feel lucky, we have not had any rain here at our house since March.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:36 AM   #3
Site Team

Congrats on the new rig. From what I have seen, that is a nice unit. Enjoy!!

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 06:55 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Congrats! We are sure you will enjoy the new Patriot as much as we do. Just camp, camp, camp. We haven't been out for two weeks and are looking at setting up on Thursday for as long as we can or at least through Labor Day weekend. Made a little campground on our farm so we can go any time and enjoy the 5er as much as possible.
w&cferb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:16 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Congratulations! You will love it!. After 6 months and 4,500 miles on our "09" 30SK Patriot, we just love it. Just got it back from the dealer taking care of a list of not so big items with the black water tank flush not working the biggest. Screen on the tank end of the spray tube was plugged. It was removed and the function of the plastic screen was not as the designers had hoped. I don't know if any one else has had that problem. Getting ready for a big 2,500+ trip to Yellowstone and the BlackHills. We hope you enjoy your SK as much as we have enjoyed our. I think ours tows like a dream and I give some of the credit to the 16" wheels. Just seems to tow as good or better than our "06" 29RE which I thought pulled great for the 24,000+ miles we had it behind us.

jjriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:07 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Congrats on the new SK. Glad you got home safe and sound. Our trip home from dealer was only 35 miles. Have most of the "stuff" out of the garage and back in the trailer. Might go out for a few days next week for a shake-down trip.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote