Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2019, 07:06 PM   #1
New Camper

New owner

Hi. We just picked up a new to us 2016 Crossroads Cruiser 345BH. We really like the floor plan and are looking forward to the added space from our previous bumper pull camper. I have searched this forum for this model number and don’t see much activity. Is there anything I should be aware of on this model? I do have a question on the battery box set up. There are two boxes on opposite sides of the camper. I have would like to run two golf cart batteries in series. Is there a way to configure the existing wiring for this or is it best to run a new line to connect the two batteries together? There are a couple items I need to work on. The kitchen slide doesn’t go out but the motor runs and the rear stabilizers don’t do anything but are free when you hand crank them. Other than that it appears to be in good shape.

John
Winsorjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 06:25 AM   #2
Site Team

If it were mine, I would get the two batteries together on the same side of the camper.
It would take less cable and the performance would be much better.

Congrats on the new rig and welcome aboard.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 08:52 AM   #3
Site Team

Welcome to the forum.

I agree that if you are going to run 2 batteries in series you would want them next to each other. I have seen a set up with a battery on each side but they had an A-B switch so when one ran down you switch to the other.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 10:48 AM   #4
New Camper

Thanks. At first glance it looks like it is set up for parallel wiring. There is a battery disconnect switch but it is just off or on. I need to study the wiring more. I will also look into the feasibility of moving one of the boxes. I was kind of surprised to see it set up this way.
Old 04-30-2019, 03:12 PM   #5
Site Team

Congratulations! Welcome to the forum!

2013 Silverado 2500HD LTZ CC 6.6L Duramax Diesel
2023 Rockwood 2445WS
Buster, miniature Dachshund
2024: 2 trips, 26 nights in 8 states, 4801 miles
2023: 9 trips, 48 nights in 12 states, 2 provinces, 8120 miles
2019: 7 trips, 43 nights in 6 states, 3904 miles
DavisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 06:39 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Welcome to the forum from NC

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 06:03 PM   #7
New Camper

Thanks for the warm welcome. I spent some time last weekend going over the camper. While I still may eventually relocate the second battery, I was able to reroute the existing wires to hook the two in series so that is all set for the short term. I was presently surprised to see 6awg wire used in the hookup. I traced the issue with the rear stabilizer jacks to the switch. The new switch arrived today so that will be fixed soon. The kitchen slide that was not working was due to a gearbox that had separated from the jack screw portion of the actuator. One of the mounting nubs on the jack screw had cracked off and the mounting brackets were bent up. The gearbox was also cracked. Working with a friend, I got the brackets straightened, and the broken off nub welded back on. I have ordered a new gearbox as that is not fixable. Hopefully I will get that all back together again soon. The only other new issue I discovered is a small plumbing leak somewhere in the vicinity of the water pump/water heater/outdoor shower. I need to spend some time figuring out where that is coming from but there are a lot of pex joints in that area.

John
Old 05-02-2019, 07:16 PM   #8
New Camper

Hi there, I've had your exact model, a 345BH 2016 for about 1-1/2 years now. We bought it used and in really good shape.

Your battery wiring is intended to have two 12 volt batteries in parallel, one on each side, but you've probably figured that out by now and it's too late anyway since you have a couple of 6v in series.

As for your water leak, check your water pump. Mine was left un-winterized before we bought it and it cracked at the pump inlet. Not hard to replace.

If you have the original tires I'd recommend a close inspection and maybe even replacement. One of my china bombs had separated on the way back from New Orleans. Luckily we found it before it went kabang. Had a really weird wear pattern on the tread. We have a nice new set of Goodyears now.

Oh, and my job for this weekend is replacing my rear stabilizer switch...go figure.
cyates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 03:16 AM   #9
New Camper

Good to hear from someone else with the same model. I will check the water pump when I get in there again. Been rainy here all week so I haven’t gotten back to it. Interesting that your switch failed too. The switch seems pretty robust but perhaps there was a bad batch.