Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-11-2010, 04:52 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

I have sleep apnea and badly need a small nightstand to place the surge-protector cutoff switch for my Bi-Pap. I need to have the electrical outlets for the Bi-Pap and the heatedhumidifer at a higher level than the Bi-Pap and humidier so water from the latter can't accdentally slosh onto any exposed electrical connection. At home I do this with physical separation - the surge-protector is on a shelf of my headboard while the Bi-Pap and humidifer are on a nightstand to one side of my bed.

I can put the little plastic platform with the screwed-in-place Bii-Pap and humidifer on the floor of a Cruiser by the bed without being in danger of my feet stepping on them (I checked), but must have the surge protector up by my head. This is not possible given the itty-bitty nightstands for Cruisers until just recently. I was considering screwing the surge-protector into the wall by the itty-bitty nightstand, or into the tiny thing, given that Cruisers have sturdy enough frames to permit this.

But Crossroads has just announced the CF335SS with the nightstand on oneside of the bed which I so desperately need. This looks very good. I hope they make a Patriot edition of it available as I definitely want 50 amp service and a second air conditioner.

My own other qualm about the CF335SS is that its entertainment slide has a big pop-up television. My wife and I much prefer the smaller TV and computer desk of the original version of the CF32CK Patriot and the non-Patriot CF31RK, as we both use computers for entertainment, and need space for two laptops. We'll replace one of the recliners with a small computer desk.

But the newly released CF335SSis very encouraging. We intend to buy in the winter of 2011-2012 and there is plenty of time for marginal improvements to it. I just wish our local dealer (Best RV of Turlock, California) gets one soon for us to look at. They had a CF32CK in the fall which we liked very much.
Tom Holsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 06:49 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

I checked it out further and the CF335SS is a Patriot model, plus the entertainment slide depicted in the floorplan is with the larger television. The stock model seems to have the same computer desk on one side as the stock CF32CK.

Right now it looks very much like I'll get a CF335SS next winter. Crossroads has done a fine job of listening to customers.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:43 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

I guess I do not understand your dilemna as I have my cpap & it just sits on the floor next to the bed & performs wonderfully as is. The surge protector cut outof you speak of is it required? What is the issue of splashing water on electricity with the device'I don't understand??Our whole unit is protected so that is maybe why I can't relate. But again we have no problem as my cpap works just fine..
Old 12-14-2010, 09:20 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

John B.,

I used a heated humidifier which is powered by electricity, and it sits on the same plastic base as my Bi-PAP. I power both of them from a surge protector, and use the single on-off switch of the surge protector to turn both units off. Like you, I intend to have the plastic base with the Bi-Pap and humidifier on the floor next to the bed, but I also want the surge protector with its on/off switch up by the bed where I can operate it. That way I can be certain the power is off before I get out of bed to use the toilet and stumble around sleepily in the dark to maybe knock over the humidifier.

Safety is not necessary to operate units, but it can avoid hazards to safety and property.

Plus the CF33SS looks better overall than the CF325CK.

Old 12-14-2010, 10:42 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

I too have a C-PAP but think Tom's machine is different. Mine also sits on the floor and has a built in humidifier. I do not use a surge protector as I have a Surge Guard protecting the entire RV.

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:01 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

artgo,

I have two switches to turn off, one on the Bi-Pap and one on the heated humidifier. Plugging them both into a small surge protector lets me turn both off at the same time with the surge protector's own on-off switch, and it cuts out all electric power before it gets to where the humidifier is.

Potential power surges have nothing to do with it. I just have extra surge protectors around from my now grown-up children's old computers.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:37 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Makes it a whole lot easier with just one switch.

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:10 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

Yes mine is the same as it has an attached heated humidifier also so it is not complicated and I have the progressive EMS on the rig too! jb