Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2020, 02:43 PM   #1
New Camper

Question radio wiring on 2005 Cruz

I now live in a 2005 crossroads Cruz I am trying to locate wiring for surround sound through radio to add some speakers that I have I was told they would work I just got it set up had a lot of trouble with inverter and converter finally got lights to work along with outlets and heating if I could find this wiring I would appreciate any and all help
Taryne Elyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 06:34 PM   #2
Site Team

Anybody got some advise for this member?
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 07:01 PM   #3
Site Team

Our 05 cruiser does not have surround sound. I believe they started the surround in 06. On mine the radio is in the overhead cabinets in the couch slide. There 2 speakers in the bedroom and 2 in the main part. Both sets are in the ceiling. The surround had a stand alone surround receiver that was under the tv shelf and the speakers were little boxes mounted on the wall.

As far as adding surround if your camper has it use the existing wiring if not you would have to run wires to your speaker location where you want the surround.

Just a thought. At home we have a Vizio surround system and the base and rear speakers are wireless you just need a outlet. It would be easy to hook up the soundbar to the tv.

But like usual there is not a wiring diagram for the camper.

Hope this helps some.
dagst1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 04:32 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

In my 2010 sunset trail, I also found my surround wiring at the back of the shelf under the tv mount where the standalone receiver would be, In a large flex loom jacket. I replaced the original receiver with a double din touchscreen unit for bluetooth streaming, and such.
I would assume that in most units, the wires would be easily accessible if you know the original location of the factory installed stereo.