Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2009, 01:59 AM   #1
Seasonal Camper

Does anyone do anything to the seal on the inside of their slide out? I mean that big "gasket" that is right behind the trim that frames the slide out. I cleaned the wiper seals and "D" bulb seals on the outside of theslide out last night then treated them with 303 and that got me thinking (dangerous, I know ) that maybe I should be doing something to the seal on the inside of the slide. They do not look "dirty" and when the slide out is extended the seals are protected from the elements by the wiper seal but I am thinking it might be a good idea to wipe them off with a damp cloth and treat them with 303 just as preventative maintenance. Also, how do you decide that your slide out needs adjusted? Mine seems to be fine when it is extended but it seems to really flatten out the "D" bulb seal when it is "in" and I am wondering if I need to adjust the travel slightly.

Thanks,

Chuck

04 2500 Hemi Ram Quad Cab
Chuck N. Wined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:14 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

I wipe mine off and then rub some WD-40 on them, keeps the nice and white and helps lubricate the slide..

2004 Ford F-350 CC dually 4X4
mbinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:23 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

I don't think WD 40 is good for plastic or rubber. Does anyone know for sure? I use 409 to clean and Armorall to protect. I think 303 would be good also.
Pull Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:12 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

I use WD40 to clean the black marks off the seals on the outside but then clean that off with spic & span then wipe them down real good with 303. I used a damp cloth to wipe the inside seal down last night and all I really got was dust. I went ahead and wiped them down with 303 just to protect them. Figure it can't hurt them.

Lonnie

04 2500 Hemi Ram Quad Cab
Chuck N. Wined is offline   Reply With Quote