Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2012, 03:45 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

2012 King Ranch,F350,CC,SRW,

LWB,FX4,6.7 Diesel

2012 CR Cruiser 330SS

God Bless

https://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/...ictures005.jpg
Traveling Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:00 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

I'm not sure how that happened, just cut myself off before i said anything. Anyway bedroom slide problems. The new type with electric motors in the wall. Was just going to get it when shop called back and said it was broken again. The slide goes in crooked it jams and will not go in without having to be pushed. One of the geers was out of round, replaced. Then the card that controlls it went out.That came in this morning and was replaced. Worked good and now it is doing the same thing all over again. The only good thing to come out of this is the shop that is working on it, and no it is not the dealer I bought it from. They are having a new card overnighted and arecalling lippert today to see if they will or can give any help on this. So, its off to N. C. and a motel room for the weekend. I'm gonna have fun even driving in a hurricane.

Thanks for listning and I will post on the final outcome for everyone else that are having the same problems.

LWB,FX4,6.7 Diesel

2012 CR Cruiser 330SS

God Bless

Old 08-28-2012, 05:09 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Wonder how many have not had problems with the bed slide.
The wires were pulled out of my controller and were re-connected and it works now.
The center roller has put a small crack in the fiberglass on the bottom of the slide - will take pictures and send to crossroads for advice. May be too much stress from the rollers in the area when the slide goes full in

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
NorskeNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:23 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Billy, we are headed up to East Texas about 5:00 Thursday morning. We know we are probably going to hit some of the wind and rain we just don't know how much. This will be the first trip with the new truck but I know it will be more stable than my old 3500 SRW in the wind. Keep us informed on the trailer trouble.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:23 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Will do, we will leave out around 7 / 7:30. What new truck did you get? We do like ours.

LWB,FX4,6.7 Diesel

2012 CR Cruiser 330SS

God Bless

Old 08-28-2012, 08:32 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

I bought the one in my signature. We plan on moving up to a heavier trailer at some point so I went with the DRW.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:34 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Up-date: Heard from the repair shop yesterday. We were on the road back from N. Carolina so don't know the total story, will find out tomorrow. This slide system is a no tolerance system. It has to align up perfect, mine is a 1/16in out. It also has cracking on the bottom. My repairman has been in touch with lippert who built the frame and they have been very helpful. He is talking about having to replace the fiberglass sheet. I will give an update tomorrow after I talk with the repair shop. This is getting very frustrating because I took it back to the dealer I bought it from for this same problem and they kept it for a month and did nothing to repair the problem.

LWB,FX4,6.7 Diesel

2012 CR Cruiser 330SS

God Bless

Old 09-06-2012, 12:48 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

Working with Crossroads with our repair. Getting it all approved and set up before I take the fifth wheel in for repairs.

There are other models built by Crossroads - Redwood RVs. They use similar slide systems and have protective "plates" that the rollers ride on to support/protect the fiberglass under the bed slide.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:04 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

latest up-date:

talked with the repair shop where our trailer is . With the swyntek slide system the gear rails that are mounted on the slide have to be the same dimension top to bottom on both sides. On mine the top rails are 1/16 in. out on both sides thus putting the motors in a bind when the slide closes. The fiberglass sheet has also cracked at the middle roller on the bottom of the slide. The gear rails can be fixed by the shop but the fiberglass on the bottom cannot. We are waiting a call now to see if crossroads will step up and repair the slide. Not sure yet if it will have to go back to the factory or someone closser can repair it. looks like our camping season is over for a while. I guess i now have the time to build my shed for the trailer.

LWB,FX4,6.7 Diesel

2012 CR Cruiser 330SS

God Bless

Old 09-07-2012, 08:58 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

I had a problem with the large slide not pulling in all the way on the front side. the the Camping World here in Knoxville is taking care of it. I have had several small problems but they have always been happy to take care of me. I did have a problem with the wire for the plug in the bedroom slide, it got cut in half by rubbing on the fiberglass and plywood floor. they had to fix and adjust the wire.

2003 Ford F250

2012 Sahara

From Pigeon Forge TN

https://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/...9/DSC_0093.jpg
jim carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:27 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

Mine is back to the shop for repairs - failed again this weekend. Front motor is giving us problems. Significant damage to the top gear rail in the front. The damage goes half way down the top rail - all other look good. I am getting good support from CrossRoads for the repair - just frustrating.Edited by: NorskeNY

Old 12-09-2016, 04:31 PM   #12
Weekend Camper

We purchased a 2015 333RL Cruiser in May and just took it to dealer with similar problems. Unfortunately our dealer has been removed from the certified repair list for Crossroads, so we're now in the search for warranty repair. I'm concerned about what seem to be a consistent number of problems similar to this from the bedroom slide.
rdfritz is offline   Reply With Quote