Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2011, 06:27 AM   #1
jwb
Weekend Camper

Hi, just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and hopefully would know how to fix it. We picked up our new Cruiser Patriot CF335SS on Wednesday. We noticed a gap in the weatherstripping on one of the slides, large enough to put your fingers through to the outside. We brought it to the attention of the dealer and his reply was that I would have to put it on a downhill, open and close the slide and that would move the room to the front, thereby solving the problem. He claimed his yard was too level to try the maneuver but he assured me it would work fine. We tried it when we got home but had no luck in fixing it. Anybody ever have this problem? Thanks.

2011 CF335SS Cruiser Provincial

2011 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 06:53 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

We too had a bunch of openings and daylight on our new cf32ck slides as in plural too, I wonder about the new type of gasketing they are promoting as being any good or as good??/ Ours is at the factory betting a myriad of things taken care of & Mr Randy & staff know how to do things correctly so we are at peace with whats happening..Ioho jb
Old 04-17-2011, 10:15 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I had a gap in my kitchen slide and made the dealer fix it under warranty. Gaps are not good and they should be fixed. Having to park it on an angle to correct the issue seems like a lousy answer to a legitimate issue.

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:07 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

I would suggest that you find a new dealer. His suggestion goes against everything the slide manufactures recommend. Your manual on the slides, if you got one, will surely tell you to never operate the slides when not level. I haven't adjusted one myself, but had the dealer adjust one when I purchased our Cruiser. If it is a Lippert slide out like mine, I believe you can go to the Lippert website and find a document that will describe how to adjust the slides.

However, that should be done under warranty. Sounds like your dealer doesn't know how to do it or us just too lazy. I suggest you call Crossroads warranty dept right away and tell them your story. You should not have to fix this and I'm sure Crossroads will agree.

2007 CF30SK Cruiser

2006 Dodge 5.9 CTD,48e,4x4,QC

https://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...CRUISER1-1.jpg
Ridgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:42 PM   #5
jwb
Weekend Camper

Thanks everyone, I fully agree on the dealer issue and will try your suggestions. We are heading to Camping World in NH next week to have slideout toppers installed along with the 5th Airborne/Sidewinder combination. (over $2000 cheaper than here for same products). I will get them to look at slideout when I'm there.

2011 CF335SS Cruiser Provincial

2011 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:04 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Read the Lippert owner's manual that came in your packet and it explains how to adjust the slide-out for several different types of issues. If the slide-out needs to be shifted forward or backward, there are two bolts at each slide mechanism with slotted brackets for this purpose. A good dealer would know how slide adjustments are accomplished. Maybe you can take the Lippert owner's manual in and show him that no where does it explain using a hill to shift the slide-out. Besides, his "solution" wouldn't be a permanent fix even if it did anything.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote