Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2009, 08:11 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

My 2006 CF29CK Cruiser has a spare tire carrier located under the front part the chasis. It is like an automotive type where you turn a crank with a handle and it pulls the tire up against the chasis with a cable.I believe this is a standard feature on the Crossroads and not anaftermarket add on.

Mine seems to allow me to tighten it only so much then it begins to ratchet. This may be normal and designed this way to prevent overtightening. I just want to find out if this is normal, I would hate to have the tire drop while underway!!
Pull Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:03 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

You got me to wondering so I just went out to check. It only tightens so far then begins to ratchet. Guess it is made that way.
**Mason-Dixon Bunch**
CruiserJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:11 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Thanks for checking. You have made me feel more at ease. I hate surprises on the highway. I once had a bolt break on the spare tire bracket on my F150 many years ago and the spare fell out while I was pulling a boat. The boat trailer ran overtop of the tire and darned near flipped my boat. It broke all the tiedowns on the transom but luckily it landed back on top of the trailer. Someone following me had quite a show. He explained it all when I stopped. At first I could not figure out why my boat had jumped up in the air. He pulled up and said "Hey buddy, your spare tire is laying back there about 50 yards

away.

Thanks again
Pull Dog is offline   Reply With Quote