Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2010, 01:23 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to Jersey Guy
Has anyone had problems with the springs on their Cruisers? My rear springs became off alignment as the bands on the springs were thin and did not hold them in place. I believe that it was an axle alignment problem, but my dealer begged to differ. They re-banded all four springs for the nice sum of $589.00. I am wondering if I have any recourse thru Lippert, who made the frame and axles.

2008 CF32BL
Jersey Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 02:09 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

If you are within 2 years of the date you bought the trailer you may have a fighting chance with Lippert. Outside that time period they will more than likely do everything possible to get out of taking care of it. Call Crossroads first then Lippert and save all your receipts from the repair.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 07:05 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Yahoo to KHUNLINDA2003
The springs come mounted on the axles from the manufacturer. Sounds like a manufacturing defect. Did your tires wear unevenly?

2003 Beaver Marquis

formerly 2004 Silverado

two ragdolls, Flash and Bandit
KHUNLINDA2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:03 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

I believe they charged you for spring replacement not just the bands.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 01:12 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Springs on the Lippert website are $41.11 each. Does not include tax, shipping or labor. There is only one band on each spring. Not sure how big a job it is to replace a band. But likely it would be cheaper to replace the springs.

But as Hunter said, if your still in the 2 year warranty period, it would be worth a try to get reimbursed.

2007 CF30SK Cruiser

2006 Dodge 5.9 CTD,48e,4x4,QC

https://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...CRUISER1-1.jpg
Ridgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:37 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to Jersey Guy
Nope, they didn't replace the springs, just re-banded the ones that were on there. I should say they used a heavy duty band compared to the ones that originally came on it.

2008 CF32BL
Jersey Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:57 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

It was the 100 dollar an hr. labor that killed you.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:51 AM   #8
New Camper

i have a 2006 cf32bl that i broke not one but 2 rear springs. the first time in early 2008 that was under warranty. the second one was 4th of july weekend going home from frontier town in maryland to new jersey. lucky it broke very close to home so i limped it back to my driveway.
mit147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:20 AM   #9
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mit147
i have a 2006 cf32bl that i broke not one but 2 rear springs. the first time in early 2008 that was under warranty. the second one was 4th of july weekend going home from frontier town in maryland to new jersey. lucky it broke very close to home so i limped it back to my driveway.

Mit, When the spring broke what was the axle riding on? Seems if the axle went all the way up to the frame the tire would have gone through something. Did the remaining axle hold the rig up until you could get home?I sometimes worry about what would happen if a spring broke on one of these heavy trailers.

I had a spring break once on a single axle boat trailer when I was cruusing at about 65 downa crowded Californiafreeway. The axle went to the frame and the fender captured the wheel. But man was there a lot of smoke. By the time I gotacross a couple of lanes of traffic to pull over the fender was red hot and the paint was all burned off. I couldn't see a thing behind me with all the smoke so I just put on the blinker and headed to the right. Everybody just cleared out of my way.

2007 CF30SK Cruiser

2006 Dodge 5.9 CTD,48e,4x4,QC

https://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...CRUISER1-1.jpg
Ridgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 04:48 AM   #10
Family Vacation Member

Most times the bands are for the assembly of the pack. Once the center bolt is installed and tightened they are fine plus when they are held capture by the Ubolts to the axlethey don't go anywhere. I guess I do not understand the need to spend anything let alone $500. plus dollars for a non necessity .butI have been wrong before.JMHO jb I guess if I was worried about a simliar problem a couple of good quality Gator type hose clamps of the desired size would /could do the job too.IMHOEdited by: John B
Old 11-11-2010, 06:21 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

I agree with John B over 500 hundred dollars for a 10.00 dollar part is robbery. I replaced a band on my front spring right side for 8.50 at NAPA.