Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2012, 04:20 AM   #21
Seasonal Camper

"Why isn't the 50 amp electrical cord 2 ft. longer?" My 30 amp needs to be12 foot longer. Mine barely reaches the rear bumper. I need to use a 25foot extension to reach the power post that is 5 feet away from the bumper of the camper.

2005 Cruiser

2001 F250 7.3

danskool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:01 AM   #22
Seasonal Camper

I know the dealer makes his fair share. But I negotiated the bottom line price before I mentioned the extras. I don't know for sure what profit was made from my unit, but I do know I got about 30% off msrp. During our research we were looking closely at a keystone cougar and one dealer quoted us a price $12000!!!! less than another (for an identical unit). I emailed the more expensive dealer, informed him and he was willing to go another $1000 for a total of $13000 off. Right away that gives you a bad feeling about the dealer.

My truck was purchased with a 'choice number' (cheaper than employee pricing)-- I know a few people on the inside.

But in the end, for anyone who makes a purchase like this; as long as you feel good about the transaction then you got a good deal. I felt good with what I paid for both (...... or still paying both for a few more years)

'11 Crossroads Cruiser CF325CK

https://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...4/S4011042.jpg
happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:17 AM   #23
Weekend Camper

Yeah, we went to several (actually, many) dealers before we finally bought, and we always found we got at least a 20 percent discount just for walking on any dealer's lot. I think the final price we wound up paying was almost 40 percent off the MSRP for the unit. Granted, we bought a "leftover" unit, but still....

Think I've spent my career in the wrong business. <grin>

and Aggie the Gordon setter

Twin Cities

2011 Cruiser Patriot 325CK

2011 Ram 2500 diesel
dbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:21 AM   #24
Weekend Camper

Happycampers--
How do you like your 2011 325CK? That's the same year and model we got. It's pretty much the perfect floor plan for us. The center kitchen with that L-shaped counter is what really sold us. We bought it as a pre-retirement present for ourselves (still a little over two years away), along with the truck to tow it. We haven't been out in it all that much this summer, but plan to make up for lost time once we actually pull the plug on our careers. Til then, though, it's a couple weeks of vacation and a few long weekends each year.

and Aggie the Gordon setter

Twin Cities

2011 Cruiser Patriot 325CK

2011 Ram 2500 diesel
dbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:30 AM   #25
Seasonal Camper

We enjoy our unit. We were originally interested in a rear kitchen model, but quickly changed our minds after seeing this unit. It was the kitchen. Ours isn't really a pre-retirement gift... we've got quite a few years to go still.
Our unit was already spec'd out by the dealer and ordered. We bought ours before it arrived on his lot.

'11 Crossroads Cruiser CF325CK

https://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...4/S4011042.jpg
happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:06 AM   #26
Seasonal Camper

$13K or $13,000 Difference between dealers for identical units? Is that right !.. WOW !.

2005 Cruiser

2001 F250 7.3

Old 09-05-2012, 11:03 AM   #27
Seasonal Camper

Ok, One more.

This has been on my "to do" list for 7 years. Very low on the priority level, But "to do" none the less" Just fixed it tonight.

My scare lights are used but a couple times a year.. I have lights on each side of the 5th wheel and have two switches ( one for each light in the control cabinet )

Ok here we go.

Why does the right switch operate the left light and the left switch operate the right light? Very confusing.. Even brought a chuckle when dad went to operate the lights and i had to yell, "for some reason they are wired backwards, flip the other switch and one of these days i will get to it."

Fixed myself, labor only -> 7 years & 10 minutes.
40 hours a week per year.(2080hrs a year) x 7 = 14,560hrs +10minutes= 14,560.10 x $100 = $1,456,010.00 in labor it took me to reverse the switch wiring.

Dang i would be rich

Edited by: danskool

2005 Cruiser

2001 F250 7.3

Old 07-01-2018, 11:19 PM   #28
New Camper

This is a really old thread, but fun to read. Just bought our first TT (Zinger 18BH) and not many of these Whys have been addressed. I love our new camper but my Whys are ...Why only one outlet in the kitchen, under the cabinet? I don't want my TV on the counter and I have more than 1 other appliance to use. And....why no outlet in the bathroom? I understand we don't have a vanity, but come on......one outlet in there would be great.
Old 07-03-2018, 05:46 AM   #29
Seasonal Camper

Fun thread but so ancient that a number of the gripes have been corrected, at least on my 2015 unit. Seems like cutting edge "Wow" features trickle down to low and medium level units just like with cars. Who remembers when seat belts were a strange new thing and not universal?

Also, ever buy a house? I seem to recall having to buy a few extras last time I did that.

Regardless, there are still a lot of dumb things that would cost little or nothing to do right at the factory to begin with.
Old 07-04-2018, 04:21 AM   #30
Family Vacation Member

Dan, you were surprised about a 13K price difference. Just pick a brand and model. Google it "for sale". Take a look at all of the different prices with MAJOR differences that come up.
Old 07-05-2018, 06:48 PM   #31
New Camper

the Why oh Why

Why don't they put a 14x14 vent or at least frame for one in the kitchen area when they have used the only one for the AC unit?
Why can't they put a cabinet together with something more than a staple, knowing that it is supposed to hold more than paper plates?
Why can't the floor be more than a 3/8" plywood bonded to foam?
Why can't they build the king pin height of a brand new unit to fit the height of the new pickups?

2018 Cruiser Aire 28RD
2011 3500 GMC Denali Duramax
tripower is offline   Reply With Quote