Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2010, 11:19 AM   #1
New Camper

Hello the 04 30 ft cruiser trailer we have purchased has been great!, only a few issues to mention, the fresh water fill tube is leaking right at the tank, a little teflon tape maybe? also the TV aerial is leakin into the camper drips pretty goodwith heavy rain, any ideas how to fix?
Hvysturg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:09 PM   #2
Family Vacation Member

I had the problem with a ant. leaking on one camper and it was the rubber boot that had come off.The boot covers up where the coax comes out of the base of the mount.Also make sure someone hasn't put caulk on the base and built a damn that wholes water and therefore causing it to go under the boot and cause the leak.The fresh water tube may just need a hose clamp tighten up.

2009 Cruiser 29RK
FB1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:09 PM   #3
Seasonal Camper

the TV antenna you can go on the roof and check to see if it is sealed up. Bring a tube of Dicor up there and reseal the whole thing. It maybe leaking by where the cord comes in, seal around that too.

Yes teflon tape can work. But you can also get some pipe dope that comes in a yellow tube and is made to be used for potable water. You can get it at any Lowes, make sure it can be used for potable water. I have a tube and have used it and it works very well. Sometimes better than teflon tape.

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate Edition 4X4

2004 Crossroads Cruiser CT30RL
fixit5561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:54 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

I just removed the covering from the underbelly of my 07 cruiser and was checking out the the fresh water tank so I will share what I know about mine and maybe it will help you. All of this applies to the tank on mine and may be different from yours. The fill tube attaches at the top of the tank. It is on the top of the tank basically above where the drain tube is located. It is near the edge of the tank and if you open the underbelly you can reach up around the side and access the fill tube. You may be able to access it from above depending on your set up. On mine the water pump is located in a storage compartment and the city water, fill tube and vent line all run down a hole cut into the subfloor and then down to the tank. If I had a skinnier arm and an extra elbow I think I could reach it from there!The tube slips over a nipple on the tank and is help in place with a hose clamp. As far as the antenna, I caulk around the top of the boot where the cable enters it and have not had a problem. I hope this helps.
Lonnie

Edited by: Chuck N. Wined

04 2500 Hemi Ram Quad Cab
Chuck N. Wined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:52 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

I know on my antenna, the manual states to lubricate and condition the rubber boots inside the antenna assembly with Silcon Spray. On the top side of the antenna base there is a rubber cap that can be removed and the Sil spray goes in there along with the base and gears.

You can also replace the inners, by going to Wingards webpage

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote