Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2012, 03:24 AM   #1
New Camper

Has anyone had trouble getting warranty work done as I have? It seems that the dealers really want to sell you the unit but getting warranty work done is a run around. The dealer [National Rv,Detroit]said for warranty work it would be 2nd or 3rd week in July. The factorysaid sometime in Sept. I really don't know if they have that many problems or just don't want to back up there product!
jrssrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:56 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

I do believe some dealers just want to sell, get your $ and get you out the door but this is a pretty busy time of year with camping season getting rolling (at least for those of us in themore northernstates). I knowthe local dealerships hereare backed up until the end of June for repairs and service. As far as the factory goes, they will stand behind the product but itcan take a while to get scheduled in because it isn't like they have the whole factory doing warranty work. It is a handful of guys and they are handlingall of theCrossRoads product lines. I had to take my unit back to the factory for repair and it had to be scheduled in advance. If the issues are such that you can still use the unit then I would try to use it until I could get it in. If not, then I would try to see if the dealer could squeeze you in any earlier or maybe CrossRoads can put you onto a different dealer near you who could do the work sooner.

Lonnie

04 2500 Hemi Ram Quad Cab
Chuck N. Wined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:41 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I had warranty work done on my slides at Camping World. Don't know if you have one near you. Some people don't like them but they did a good job with mine at the Statesville Camping World here in N.C.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:12 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

I have had my zinger in twice for warranty work at camping world in colfax nc. Both times the trailer was dropped off pretty quick from my call but then sat at the dealership for a few weeks while repairs were approved, parts ordered and work done. Not sure the length waited for each part of that.

If you feel that the dealership is giving you the run around call Randy Mischler at crossroads (or did I see some posts that he is now turfing this to someone else?). Randy can try to get you straight.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote