Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2011, 05:09 AM   #1
New Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to BobClem

I,have a 2006 Cruiser 29ft.Rear Kitchen! I have a water leak coming in in middle of rear kitchen window.Anybody know wher it might be coming from and a"Fix"? Bob Clements! In Donna Tx.for Winter
Old 12-10-2011, 06:32 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Above the window or below the window? If you have never checked the caulk around the outside of the window, that would be the first place to start. If the window is a slider (but as I recall it is a crank out window) then it will have weep holes at the bottom that can become clogged and water will leak around the bottom of the window.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:23 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

On my 2004 model, the rubber window moldings had shrunk and left small gaps at the joints. I put some clear chalking in those ares to seal the windows.

Northern California

2004 CF25RS

2004 F250 SD PSD

https://i632.photobucket.com/albums/u.../Truck5th2.jpg

Korbe & Diana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:54 AM   #4
New Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to BobClem

Thank's for the Info! upon a closer look I see the Calk has shrunk around window.A very fine line but I'm sure that is the problem. Thanks Again. Bob&Sally Clements. Winter Texans!
Old 12-11-2011, 10:43 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

I had a similar problem on my 2006 Cf29CK model. The rear window would fill up with water and then leak down behind the chair. I checked the caulk between the aluminum window frame and the fiberglass........looked good. Then after watching closely during a hard rain storm it seemed the water was coming in around the black rubber seal. It would fill up the window frame and then drip down the wall. I waited until a hot dry day and dried everything out real good.Then I took a tube of black 100% silicone seal in a tube from Lowes and caulked the area between the glass and the black rubber seal. This totally stopped my leak without the time consuming job of removing the rubber gasket.

These windows are not slidders nor do they open in any manner. The glass is held in by the insertion of the black rubber gasket. By sealing between the glass and rubber trim seal all the water just runs off.
Pull Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 09:58 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

I'm late to this thread but I do have some experience with leaks.

When you say rear kitchen window, do you mean on the rear wall, or along the rear portion of the side wall?

If the latter, put some caulk on the two bolts which attach the awning brackets up near the roofline. Those are usually very poorly caulked. I had a big leak fix on our last trailer because of that.

And, silicone caulk is a no-no on trailers! It will work for a while. But when it fails, you have created a bigger problem because new stuff won't adhere well to the old. Plus it is almost impossible to remove all traces of it. Almost. Use Pro Flex RV sealant or Sikaflex or the equivalent. Crossroads uses "the equivalent" in black to seal around the plastic belly wrap.

2004 Chevy Duramax CC SB

Honda eu2000i
snowman9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 01:38 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Good tips indeed....

2015 Rushmore Springfield
Disc Brake upgrade, Goodyear G614 tire upgrade
RV FLEX-ARMOR roof, Mor-Ryde IS suspension

2017 F350 Dually 4x4 6.7 Bronze Fire
gossamar is offline   Reply With Quote