Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
Full Time Camper

I purchased the wet bolt kit from Lippert. I was going to have the local RV dealer install the kit but they did not because they did not think I had enough bolts and they were not able to verify with Lippert before I picked up the trailer after warranty work.
The kit contains the following:14 Bolts with zerk fittings, 14 Nuts , 8 Brass Bushings and 8</span><b style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; line-height: 115%; ">[/b]bars.</span>
</span>
I think only three zerk bolts are needed for the EquaFlex unit - top and where the spring shackle attaches.</span>
</span>
The Equa-Flex unit on my trailer has been "modified" per</span>LIP Sheet - 0085.</span>
REMOVING CENTER BOLT ON 3,000-6,000LB EQUAFLEX UNITS TO</span>FACILITATE USE WITH TWO-HOLE FRAME HANGERS</span>

</span>
Has anyone installed the wet bolt kit and can you send a picture of the Equaflex unit with the kit installed</span>

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
NorskeNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:37 AM   #2
Site Team

This should help.

http://www.crossroadsrv.com/forum/fo...t+kit&amp;PN=1

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:59 PM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Read the complete link that was supplied by Old Farmer. There is some good information about lifting the trailer if you do this project yourself. I also recommend you check your bolts before assembly. I had two bolts that were not properly drilled. The hole in the end did not intersect with the cross hole. This can be checked by greasing the bolts prior to assembly. If you get grease to flow in the zerk and out the hole in the bolt you are good to go.
Also if you do the project yourself recommend you get this tool from harbor freighthttp://www.harborfreight.com/3-in-1-...kit-38335.html It works great to remove the old bolts and press in the new ones.
rcflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:53 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Thanks for the info!

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
NorskeNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 09:50 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyer View Post
Read the complete link that was supplied by Old Farmer. There is some good information about lifting the trailer if you do this project yourself. I also recommend you check your bolts before assembly. I had two bolts that were not properly drilled. The hole in the end did not intersect with the cross hole. This can be checked by greasing the bolts prior to assembly. If you get grease to flow in the zerk and out the hole in the bolt you are good to go.
Also if you do the project yourself recommend you get this tool from harbor freighthttp://www.harborfreight.com/3-in-1-...kit-38335.html It works great to remove the old bolts and press in the new ones.
I checked the harbor freight website for this tool, but the link, nor searching on HF yielded a result; the link is probably outdated. Could you please post a new link to the tool? Thank you!
Old 12-11-2016, 07:26 AM   #6
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorris View Post
I checked the harbor freight website for this tool, but the link, nor searching on HF yielded a result; the link is probably outdated. Could you please post a new link to the tool? Thank you!
Ball Joint Service Kit for 2WD and 4WD Vehicles
Old 12-11-2016, 08:13 AM   #7
Gone Traveling

I used a big C clamp also from HF for about $5, worked great. Installed the MorRyde heavy shackles & wet bolt kit, 1/2" thick shackles, a great upgrade.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 08:14 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

Thank you, rcflyer! I now see why several posts refer to using a large C-clamp.
Old 12-11-2016, 08:42 AM   #9
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorris View Post
Thank you, rcflyer! I now see why several posts refer to using a large C-clamp.

At the time several years ago I got the clamp I referenced for about $25 during a Harbor Freight special. The ball joint camp works a lot better than a C-clamp but for the price of the ball joint clamp I would go with a large C-clamp if I were to do this today.
Old 12-11-2016, 08:44 AM   #10
Site Team

I agree with travelin texans.
It's a great upgrade.
I give mine one pump on the grease gun once maybe twice a year, depending on how much travel we will be doing.

Now keep in mind, travelen texans used 1/2 in shackles. His rig is a lot heavier then mine or yours. I don't see the need for that heavy of a shackle on our rigs.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote