Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-08-2016, 08:29 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Wet bolt kit choices and install pictures

I'm going to upgrade our TrailAir suspension and am looking for some people that have bought wet bolt kits off Ebay in the past couple of years that have had success with them. There are numerous types and vendors and I'm confused as to which ones will fit the RV in my signature. I would also be interested in some install picture sites; the posts I've seen on the forum are old enough that the pictures don't seem to be working anymore. Thank you!
Old 12-08-2016, 09:04 PM   #2
Site Team

Here's a install sheet. http://www.lci1.com/assets/content/s...stallation.pdf

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 06:38 AM   #3
Site Team

I ordered the wet bolt kit from Trailair. Cost---$46.00 + $12.00 shipping.
If I remember correctly, they have an instruction sheet that came with the kit.
Myself, I would prefer to order from Trailair rather than Ebay. The chance of getting some help or support (if needed) should be a lot better getting them from Trailair
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 08:37 AM   #4
Gone Traveling

1217141416.jpg

1217141417.jpgI ordered/installed the MorRyde heavy duty shackle & wet bolt kit 2+ years ago & am very pleased with them. The shackles are 1/2" thick & wet bolt kit came with enough bronze bushings for all shackles + the equalizer. It was a fairly simple install with a couple jacks to maneuver the axles. Would highly recommend!
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 02:27 PM   #5
Site Team

You might be able to get some answers here as to what is available for the suspension that's in your trailer.

Welcome to Lippert Customer Service
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 04:06 PM   #6
Family Vacation Member

I called TrailAir at Lippert and the sales person said that there is no kit; you must buy individual wet bolts and that they have no other bushings other than the Never Fail bushings. The bolts are 9/16 and are in two lengths; 3.24" and 3.74" at $10.95 and $12.43 respectively. I'll have to research further to find out what size mine are since I'm not planning on taking them out/putting in new ones myself.
Thanks for the words of advice.
Old 02-06-2017, 05:24 PM   #7
Family Vacation Member

I put 2000 miles on the new wet bolt and bolt/sleave replacement in the TrailAir equalizer. It pulls very nicely with no squeaking under tight backing conditions.

2008 29CK
Old 02-06-2017, 05:45 PM   #8
Family Vacation Member

What size did you end up with? I've been researching for purchase in the near future, but am also not sure of the size to get. Did Morryde help with the choice? I was thinking of calling Lipert, as they sell them too. There is a write-up in this months Trailer Life on the Morryde SRE4000 system that looks interesting. Anybody have any experience with these?
Cooper the Golden Retriever, and
Sam the black lab.
CampMacKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 05:53 PM   #9
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampMacKay View Post
What size did you end up with? I've been researching for purchase in the near future, but am also not sure of the size to get. Did Morryde help with the choice? I was thinking of calling Lipert, as they sell them too. There is a write-up in this months Trailer Life on the Morryde SRE4000 system that looks interesting. Anybody have any experience with these?
Sorry, we're on the road and I don't have the receipt with me (be back March15). I got everything from Lippert, since they are the original builder of the unit. The tech guy did have me go out under the RV and measure the distance between the bolts on the Equalizer and also on the shackles. Then he sent me the appropriate bolts/shackles.

2008 29CK
Old 02-06-2017, 05:58 PM   #10
Family Vacation Member

Thanks MM,
Don't rush home on my account, I guess some measuring and a call to Lipert is in my future.
Cooper the Golden Retriever, and
Sam the black lab.
CampMacKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 03:20 PM   #11
Full Time Camper

fittings

The grease fittings on our wet bolts had very few threads and we had to replace several with new fittings that had enough threads to tighten without stripping out.

As I recall some folks received wet bolts that were not drilled all of the way through. Double check yours prior to installation.

I doubt that you want the grease delivery hole on a vertical plane. The full weight from the RV pressing on that little hole might be a challenge.

my 2 cents