Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2011, 01:16 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Can anyone tell me how I access the water pump on my 19RD?
bdewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 01:24 PM   #2
New Camper

I have a 19rd and the water pump is hidden in the forward storage compartment behind a partition on the driver's side. It appears to be a permanent partition and the only way to access it is to remove several screws. It was a bit awkward to remove the cover but that is where mine is. Hope that helps
Budder7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 01:30 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Thanks for the info. That is where it sounded like it was located but I could see no easy way to get to it. I saw the partition held in by the screws but figured they had to of made a easier way. I guess I will bull them out sunday and take a look. Have you added a adapter to yours for pulling in antifreeze when winterizing?
Old 10-15-2011, 04:21 PM   #4
New Camper

There was an adapter on it already. There was a piece of hose attached to put into the jug of antifreeze but I don't use it. I make sure there is no water anywhere in the system including the hot water tank and then I blow air through the fresh water hook up. I put antifreeze in all the traps and into the grey and black water tanks as well. I live on the west coast of Canada where the winters are not that cold so we don't have severe winters. But wherever you live winterizing is pretty important. Cheers
Budder7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:54 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Looked behind the panel under the couch today and found the Pump with the siphon hose attached. They sure don't make this simple to get to but it seems a ton easier than access to the bypass valves for the hot water heater look to be. If anyone has any suggestions to reaching them on my 19RD it would be great.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:16 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Use windshied washer fluid in your waste tanks and drains. It's cheaper than anti-freeze. PS: No such thing as a hot water heater! It's a water heater. If anything, it's a cold water heater. Just joshing you.
NH Horseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:37 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

My 19RD is getting access holes put in next spring when I flip the heater bypass back. My plan is to pokea couple of small locater holes with a drill and then cut out an access plate. I will then install a rim for the access plate to sit on.
Dave
n36078 is offline   Reply With Quote