Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2010, 05:06 AM   #1
New Camper

Hello Fello Crossroaders

I am a newby and purchased a 32ft 2007 5th Wheel last year. When i went to open it this season all the mechanicals worked fine, except the water heater. It seemed i could not get it to ignite, am i missing something simple?

Thanks for any assistance...see you around the fire.

Sean

pakrsfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:06 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Hey Sean welcome to the forum family. When you say it won't ignite, do you mean that you can't hear the rapid clicking of the igniter. If the igniter is working there are a few other possibilities.

1. could be lack of LPG to the system. Does the furnace and stove work? If so you should have LPG at the hot water tank. Also check the burner tube for spider nests or other small critters as they like to hold up in there over long periods of time during storage.

2. If the igniter is not working there are some electrical connections on the outside of the hot water tank that have been known to come loose. Sometimes it's as simple as squeezing tight on the connector with a small pair of pliers, that happened to me the first time we used our fifth wheel and solved the problem.

'06 F-250 SD V-10

SCT custom tuned

https://i785.photobucket.com/albums/y...a/SDC12617.jpg
ryeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:00 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Hi and welcome to the forum. Does your hotwater work on electric? If not open outside door and If I rember it is a red wire pull it and clean contacts on both ends. If this don't work clean the rest of them. Hopes this helps.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:40 AM   #4
New Camper

Thanks ryeja and cwit, the furnace etc did work but i will try all your suggestinns when i go up this weekend.

again thanks to both of you

Sean

pakrsfn is offline   Reply With Quote