Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2013, 04:59 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Skype™ to tomandlori
We have been getting water into our left front storage since the camper was brand new. Took it back to National RV Bellville 4 times since we bought it. Last time we dropped it off to them day after Thinksgiving 2012. they had it for 4 months and told me 3 times it was fix, come pick it up. Each time I drive 45 min to get there, water is still inside compartment. They finnaly sent it back to Crossroads. I had to go pick it up from them in Indiana the week before memorial weekend 2013. I went to my storage lot oct. 2013 there is water back inside. What am I supose to do about this. I also have water getting into the backright area inder bunkbed as well now. Anybody else have water leaks in these Zingers. I live in Michigan and there is no lemon law for campers in Michigan. This is rediculious to keep geeting water into a brand new camper. And the manufacture says they fixed it but not even 6 months later there is water back in it.
tomandlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:24 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

There have been a few others on here that have had CR come pick up their rigs and take them back to the factory for repairs. Sounds like yours fits the bill. It doesn't help your lack of use but it is probably worth a try and may be faster than your dealer making repairs. You might also ask for an extension of your warranty for all the down time. Your only other option is to try and find the source of the leaks yourself.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 12:41 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

We had similar leak on previous unit. I put a strip of weather stripping on inside of door hinge. Water was coming in thru the hinge. Finally fixed it!
2014 Zinger 32QB
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:45 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

thanks guys for your advice. First off I will NOT go back to the dealer we bought it from. They are so incompitant to deal with. I was there in person talking to the service manager. And heard him telling another camper owner his unit was fixed. Hewent to check the repair to his furnace, it didnt work. The part was still on the service desk, still in the box. For the seal around the compartment door, the water is comming in from above the door itselfbetween the inside panal and the insulation. This door has been resealed 3 times and replaced 2 times. By the dealer we bought it from. Another strike on National RV Bellville Michigan. I also found 2 other people that the dealer flat out lied to when buying a unit from them.
Old 10-19-2013, 01:54 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

When it went back to Crossroads, they where not going topay forthe transport. They said it was up to the dealer to get it to crossroads, at the dealers expense,I had to fight with the dealer for them to pay.Crossroads told me I have to come pick it up when it was done. I tryed to get reimburst from the dealer to pay for my day off work and mileage. They both told me I had to bite it. I will talk to crossroads monday and fight for it to go back to crossraods again. The 2 year warrenty is over.It has been 5 months since crossraods had the unit there. Edited by: tomandlori
Old 10-19-2013, 06:27 PM   #6
Family Vacation Member

I had an intermittent leak in my front storage last fall, finally traced it down to an unsealed side marker light. The water followed the horizontal seam in the siding, and leaked into the compartment at the top of the door. Very frustrating to find.
Hope this helps.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:01 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

The whole front half of this unit has been opened up 5 months ago by crossroads. From the slideout all the way around the front to the entrance door. They replaced all siding and insulation, and a lot of wood. All the way to the roof as well.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:24 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Wow...glad they are working on it.

I wonder if S.O.B. would have done all that. Stories like this are why we bought another Crossroads. It sucks that you have had such a headache, but they are fixing it. I think others may have said "Oh look...your warranty expired..."
2014 Zinger 32QB
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:20 AM   #9
Family Vacation Member

Crossroads is making it very hard for us for them to fix it. They say our warrenty did expire. they are doing this under a good faith. They are making it very hard for us to get it to them. $800.00 for me to take it them, and to pick it up from them. That is NOT write since they say they fixed it once allready. Only 5 months agao....