Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2011, 02:25 PM   #1
New Camper

I have just purchase a 2012 ZT39BH Zinger. After 3 weeks I felt that I wanted to post my findings with this unit.

Pros

Lots of room, 10 Gal water heater, 15000 BTU AC, Good Colors, Large Refrigerator, Apartment Size stove, lots of storage
day/nite shades

Cons

The Kitchen Sink is plastic
Door Trim cuts are off and messy
There is glue and some white resdue on the nylo floor in the bathroom
The sky light over the shower is not flush on the ceiling
The floor of the shower is scratched
In the bedroom the wall off from the bathroom has a crack way down it where it was miss cut
All the wood trim finishing nails were covered with a filler that didn't match the color of the trim.
There is a place in kitchen where the wall boarder is really wrinkled and the wall has pulled away for the wall studs.
There is a bad smell when the AC is turned on (this is a new unit dont understand this)
The floor heat ducts were dirty.
Over spray from the black bumper is on the camper.
Carpet is cheap all ready showing signs of wear
Table custions are showing signs of wear.

hollywood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:53 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Did you check and list all these items during your prepurchase inspection and request the dealer fix them before you closed the deal?
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:36 AM   #3
New Camper

No I didn't.( I am the one to blame) I looked and looked at pictures online. Apictureis not worth a thousand words.

I bought the ZT39 online and had itdelivered.

This it the first new Camper I have ever bought and figured it would be the last camper I ever need, I ASSUMED that it would be right all the way around. I just started camping this year in MAY and I am learning about campers. Iresearchedit online to see what I could find. When I read that the floors was plywood that sold me. Anyone that is using plywood flooring that is a quality built unit (was what I had in my mind). I never dreamed of a plastic sink in the kitchen and it looked like metal in the pictures (never ASSUME) I really wish it was metal, the plastic sink makes the kitchen feel so cheap!!

I had looked local at dealerships at new unit different brands and they wereremarkable. But the area I am located no one had park model units and that was what I wanted so I had to purchase else where.

The camper wasdeliveredto me around 10pm, my family and I were so excited I never thought to really go over it with a fine tooth comb. I was new right!

After getting to stay in it and really look at it I noticed these areas. I like the camper and it is nice but these were things I found that wrong with my unit and for the money I paid these thing should have not been.

A veryexpensivelesson!!
Old 10-27-2011, 09:07 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Your trailer is under warranty. You can get some of this fixed. Our carpet had a hole in it by the slide within the first few weeks. We got the carpet replaced under warranty, no questions asked. I do have to say that you really learned a valuable lesson, never take possession ofanything (car, camper, house etc) without inspecting it first. This is what PDI's are designed for. When they delivered the trailer, they should have given you a tutorial on things, that is the time to look at things. Some of these things I find hard to believe you didn't notice right away and justchose to ignore due to excitement and then decided youcouldn't live with it. This was our first trailer too and we made some mistakes but we did inspect itbeforeaccepting it. We had a few things fixed under warranty, nothing major.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:19 AM   #5
New Camper

It doesn't jump out at you but once u have been there a day or so you notice little things. Who would I contact about some of it getting fixed?

Old 10-27-2011, 09:23 AM   #6
hhh
Seasonal Camper

Contact Randy at Crossroads service -855.226.7496</span>

</span>
It's not an expensive lesson, just a lesson. You'll find with any brand that there are some issues that need to be taken care of. Shouldn't be but it's normal in the RV industry.</span>Edited by: hhh
https://www.tgifrv.com/wp-c&#111;ntent/gal.../rigsigpic.jpg

'11 CF285RL Patriot - '08 GMC 3500HD D/A CC LB Dually - Yamaha Zuma 125

tgif: let's RV
hhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:36 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood1
It doesn't jump out at you but once u have been there a day or so you notice little things. Who would I contact about some of it getting fixed?

Start with your dealer. If they can't help you then contact Randy Mischler at Crossroads.

Edited by: anaro

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:39 AM   #8
Seasonal Camper

Keep in mind; the zinger is not like a rushmore... its more of an entry level trailer. And all trailers are going to have something in need of repair.... even the high end units are built very cheap as well. Many of the items should be covered under the warranty. Like others have said, start at your dealer and go from there-- most dealers who sell park models should have a mobile service.
'11 Crossroads Cruiser CF325CK

https://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...4/S4011042.jpg
happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote