Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2014, 05:20 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

2014 33BH TV size

My wife and I just purchased a 33 BH yesterday and am wondering what size TV would fit in the living room. We don't take delivery for another 2 weeks but want to order a TV . Also, is there any must do mods that we should consider. I already had a electric jack added and the optional grill for the rear bumper that for some reason isn't an option on this model. Go figure. Is there any tricks we should know about? Thanks
Marc
clayracr44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:24 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

We just installed a 32" Samsung - perfect size and bracket. Links below.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/32-class...20tv&cp=1&lp=1

Bracket:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/fixed-wa...ount&cp=1&lp=1

We got bracket for $29, so check stores.
2014 Zinger 32QB
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:05 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Thanks for the info. Any reason why you decided on a fixed mount??
Old 04-29-2014, 10:16 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

It was cheap and I didn't see the need to have the TV swivel/pull out of cabinet.

Viewing angle is good from sofa unless you are jambed in front corner of slide. Only issue is bracket lets TV slide side-to-side. We season camp, so generally isn't an issue. It would likely be fine traveling, too.
2014 Zinger 32QB
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:36 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

My 33BH will take no more than a 32.5" Wide TV. That's the physical opening in the console.

Marc - Here are a couple of additional links to mods that I have done.
My latest one is a Outdoor TV mounted on the Kitchen Slide. Details to come soon.

http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=7810

http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=7829

http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=7753

Good Luck and Enjoy your New TT.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:30 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Thanks a bunch. Great tips! Its funny that the 33BH is the only model with out the opt grill for the rear bumper. That was a must for me. I had them order me the grill and also a electric jack for the front. I don't pick it up until this Thursday. I am pulling the camper with a 2012 ram 1500. I just ordered bag for the rear spring's. I figured that with my disto hitch and sway bar I should be OK. I told the family to pack light for now on. I am very close on my max weight. Don't think the wife will let me upgrade truck. We traded in a 20ft hybrid. This is going to be a huge change.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:02 AM   #7
New Camper

Hi,

We just purchased a 2014 300KB and I'm pulling it with a Ram 1500 (Hemi). I had the air bags installed on the rear springs and I also have EZ-Lift weight distribution with 2 sway bays as well. I also had a 23 ft hybrid so this was a big change for us as well. I towed it a few times already, the 1st time I was white knuckling it. By the 3rd time towing it, my comfort level increased. My truck still sags a little, but the ride was improved and I think the extra sway bar added some benefits.

Well good luck and enjoy the new camper!!!
ribzz43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:04 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribzz43 View Post
Hi,

We just purchased a 2014 300KB and I'm pulling it with a Ram 1500 (Hemi). I had the air bags installed on the rear springs and I also have EZ-Lift weight distribution with 2 sway bays as well. I also had a 23 ft hybrid so this was a big change for us as well. I towed it a few times already, the 1st time I was white knuckling it. By the 3rd time towing it, my comfort level increased. My truck still sags a little, but the ride was improved and I think the extra sway bar added some benefits.

Well good luck and enjoy the new camper!!!
You may need a bit more air in your bags (higher psi) to take out the sag but there shouldn't be any sag in the rear of your truck when towing if you have your weight distribution set up properly. I'm guessing you need to adjust your weight distribution hitch and if possible increase the tension on your sway control. I am not family with the EAZ-Lift system with sway bars but it may need some tweaking to take out the sway. The other option if you don't find it improves, is to look at a Hensley hitch or something that is proven to nearly eliminate sway when pulling long rigs like yours. They are a lot more expensive but take your stress away.

I'm getting a little off topic here but I wanted to address your concerns. You may want to start another thread to address the issue if you have more questions on this - lots of great help here. We pulled a TT for years before going to a 5er so I am family with towing those units as well.
Saskatoon, SK
WildWildWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:34 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

I am not sure how to move this to a different thread but my truck is also a hemi. I installed the ez1000 bags and purchased the 14000 pound distro hitch with the square bars that have the sway controller built in. I am getting about 7mpg with it. So far I have only towed it from Ashland Va to wilmington NC where I live. This weekend we r going to make a short trip to White Lake Nc for our shake down then June 18 we r taking it to Fort wilderness for 11 days. I've had it set up in the yard the weekend we got it home and with the exception of some loose screws I didn't see any issues but that said we haven't hooked up the water yet or use the grey/black water tanks. Wish me luck
Old 05-19-2014, 09:55 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

I moved the last three posts in this section to this thread for further discussion.

http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...8174#post78174
Saskatoon, SK
WildWildWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 10:06 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

Thanks
Old 08-06-2014, 09:35 AM   #12
Weekend Camper

TV question. I'd like to move the smaller TV from the master bedroom to the garage and replace it with a 32". I'm having problems finding a TV with the correct "screw holes" in the back to fit the slide in bracket. Hey Guys any suggestions? Thanks.
Mollymist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 11:23 AM   #13
Site Team

Molly, I don't think anyone can be of much help to you.
You have to post your questions in the appropriate forum pertaining to what you have for an RV. (model/make)
Also please put that info in your sig./profile.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 07:47 PM   #14
Full Time Camper

You could get a wall mount that would screw into your current mount. Mine has a series of holes already pre drilled.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote