Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2012, 10:43 AM   #1
New Camper

Hi, we just bought a new 2012 Zinger 26BH. We decided not to purchase the TVpackagedirectly fromCrossroads but rather buy our own 32 inch TV and install it ourselves (much cheaper). We're wondering if anyone has suggestions as to what model/brand TVworks best in the Zinger trailerswith thesurround sound system and which mounts the nicest (flush)on the mounting bracket. Our second question is: we heard from some that if you do not order the TV package directly from Crossroads then the radio/CD player does not include a DVD player with the system - can anyone confirm this?
shoowana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:01 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

We didn't buy the TV package from Crossroads and only have an AM/FM/CD player. No DVD.

We bought a 32" Hisense LCD TV from HHGregg (an electronics store). It fit with little to spare. The mount was bought from www.monoprice.com which has the best prices around on everything like cables, mounts, etc. This is the mount I bought for the TV. Seems to work well....

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10828&cs_id=108 2806&p_id=6514&seq=1&format=2

Old 06-14-2012, 01:15 AM   #3
New Camper

Hello Daystrom,

Thank you for replying. Just wondering what you had to do for a DVD player, just go without or install a secondary device that plays DVD's? Also, because you didn't order the TV package, did your trailer still come with surround sound (indoors) and outdoor speakers?

Thanks again!
shoowana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:40 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

I bought a dvd player from kmart for $29. Tiny little thing. Plays movies perfectly

Just bought a tv for the house bedroom. After getting it all mounted i discovered there was a dvd player built in.. What i nice prize being now i can lay in bed and watch movies. Sweet. There would be no way for my tv in my camper to have dvd on the side. Fits snugly in the cubby hole. No room for dvd access on the side of it.

2005 Cruiser

2001 F250 7.3

danskool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:05 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

I had an old cheap DVD player that I put in the cabinet above the TV. Wish those cabinets were a bit deeper, everything has to sit upright in there!

I have speakers inside and outside but only for the stereo. I suppose I could hook the DVD into the aux in jack and pipe the DVD through the overhead speakers.

We normally don't use the DVD all that much. I bring along a DirecTV dish and use it more.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:04 AM   #6
New Camper

Hey Congratulations on the new TT! We just picked up our 26 BH yesterday and we are also looking at installing a tv.

Yukon XL 2500
mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:04 AM   #7
New Camper

Bought a 32qb zinger and the cable tv wiring is cut in places. I hooked up cable to the outside coaxial jack but nothing inside works. Is there a coaxial wiring diagram somewhere so I can trace the coaxial wiring?
Old 11-17-2012, 06:13 AM   #8
Site Team

Not that I know of. Check the connecters on the ends of the coax, many have found the fault right there.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:34 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

Old Farmer is correct. I had the same problem in my first SK. Had to redo all the ends on the coax cables. Do not use the twist on, crimped are the best.
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:07 AM   #10
New Camper

Hello daystrom, we just pruchased a 2014 Zinger 26 BL and did not get the TV package. After reading your post we went with the same 32 inch TV that you purchased. My question for you is about the mount. The link you posted to Mono Price, is that the same mount that you used? I clicked on it and it is designed for a smaller TV but the the weight it can handle will support this TV. We're looking for a little help here in which one to get, we take delivery on 4/18/13 and campground opens up 4/26/13.TksEdited by: lonster3
lonster3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:20 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

Yup that is the one we have been using (about 2,500 miles so far). No problems with the mount. We do rotate the TV so it is facing the bed and make sure the doors are latched in the open position. That keeps the TV from wandering while traveling.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:34 AM   #12
Weekend Camper

I used a Vizio 32" smart LCD and a Sony DVD player (because of it's small footprint). The DVD was secured by Velcro and a bungie to a 1/4" thick plywood and secured underneath the tv. I will need to invest in a different wall mount for the tv as this one sticks out too far. I tried to include a picture but cannot figure it out.
Camprgram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:20 AM   #13
New Camper

I've got a 2013 28 BH (bought last August) without the TV package, and added a 32" Insignia TV.
In our floor-plan, we've got a wardrobe in the bedroom that sits next to the swivel TV cabinet. I put a shelf in the wardrobe for a laptop, and drilled a hole between the wardrobe and cabinet above the TV forthe HDMI and laptop power cables. I can surf the net,orwatch DVDs anddownloaded movies on my TV. Using a wireless mouse and keyboard, I can run the laptop from both the bedroom and living room, depending on which way the TV is facing.

No surround, but who cares... we're camping!
Old 04-28-2013, 03:01 PM   #14
Full Time Camper

An important thing to look for is that the mount matches the bolt pattern of your TV. Vega 100mm X 100mm for example. And obviously that it's rated for your TV. I also use monoprice.

Bert, Cathy, Kylie & Kaitlin
2014 SunsetTrail Reserve 32BH
2009 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4X4 6.6L Duramax
YouTube LetsRV Instagram LetsRV_
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:09 AM   #15
Weekend Camper

I just bought a 32" Samsung and mount from Monoprice for my Zinger 28bh. It seems like the backing where the tv installs is not very thick. Did you all use bolts and nuts to secure the bracket? If so, what length/size of bolt? It seems like this would make the back of the TV unsightly in the master bedroom area if others are watching TV in the main area and the door is closed. (You would see the bolts sticking out). Thanks for your help.
dumars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:26 AM   #16
Full Time Camper

The wall mount came with long wood screws. My TT had a thick piece of wood behind the paneling. I'm not sure what your TT has there for mounting the TV. If there is already a cable jack then they must have mounted wood behind for support. Hopefully a Zinger person can chime in.
This is how I did it.
1.) Mounted the plate to the TV and took measurements to see where the bracket needed to go.
2.) I transfered the measurements to the wall.
3.) I had three screws to mount with. So I used a small wood screw in the middle to mount it and level it.
4.) I then hung the TV just to double check.
5.) Then I drilled pilot holes and then drilled in the large wood screws that came with the mount.

Make sure to use the right phillips tip. If it's too small you can ream it out. It was quick and easy I did have my wife help hold the bracket up while I drilled.

Bert, Cathy, Kylie & Kaitlin
2014 SunsetTrail Reserve 32BH
2009 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4X4 6.6L Duramax
YouTube LetsRV Instagram LetsRV_
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:11 AM   #17
Weekend Camper

For those that installed a TV in the Zinger with the swiveling entertainment setup, what size screws did you use? I don't want to drill through to the other side.
dumars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:09 AM   #18
New Camper

To find the depth of the cavity, measure the depth of thewhole cabinet, and subtract the depth of the area the TV sits in. Put a piece of tap around your drill bit about 1/2" shorter than the available depth, and drill until the tape hits the surface. Use the appropriate sized screw. Done.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:33 AM   #19
New Camper

When I bought a new 32 inch tv, this site best 32 tv helped me a lot about tips when buying.
greenscreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:43 AM   #20
Family Vacation Member

I bought 2 32 inch LED TV from Spectre thru Walmart online and made sure they were 1080i not just 720 which is all you get anywhere for a few hundred. I mounted them 1 in the living room and 1 in the bedroom of my Z-1 271BH and use a cable to plug the audio into the Jensen CD player for the "Surround" sound in and outside. I never leave them on the wall while travelling since they are a bit heavier than a 27" which might be able to leave connected and I use my Ipad with a HDMI cabale to watch high def movies.
Z1 owner is offline   Reply With Quote